Long MOT Expiries- Avoid?

Adrian Major

Good Morning.

Back on the search for a 987 after a pause due to work and have a question.

Notice with some dealers that the MOT expires some time ago, even way back in Sep 2020.

Is there anything to be wary of if say the car has been sorn for that time or maybe the dealer has struggled to sell the car for a long time.

Why would a dealer not do an MOT?

Interested in views.

Thanks

Adrian

To give the new owner a whole years MOT. If a dealer can offer test drives on trade plates without a current MOT that might be a reasonable explanation. Sure someone here will know for sure.

As stated to give 12 months on the sale, why go to the trouble and expense of MOTing a car until you are ready to sell? Dont forget winter isnt a great time to sell plus COVID could have had stock sitting around...or its not a very desirable version/colour/mileage/options etc...

Wouldnt bother me in the slightest.

Keith

Flip side of that was when i traded my previous car in. Had 6 months mot left but when the dealer sold it they mot’Ed it again to give the buyer 12 months.  

However.  Since it seems good cars are hard to find at the moment seems strange that a car has been sitting around in one or more dealers since at least sept last year