Will a 981 GT4 PSE fit on my 981S?

graham964

Hi All

I have been surfing the web and found a few used GT4 PSE systems and was wondering if they are the same as the 981S PSE system and could be fitted to my car. The silencers seem to have the same code on them as the standard PSE. My car has a warranty on it so it needs to be Porsche OEM.

An example is here

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174673348440?hash=item28ab57c758:g:ABgAAOSwN3BgRrgG

Has anybody had a PSE fitted recently I am getting quotes in excess of £2.5k fitted (I don't have sports tips apparently although I don't know what distinguishes a sports tip from a non sports tip). I would be happy to go to £2.2k fitted.

cheers

Graham

Yes I think they are bolt on Graham.

However im sure an OPC somewhere in the UK would supply and fit with all the gubbins for £2200, even less if you call around.  Worth every penny 👍

I had it retro fitted at my local OPC for £2118 but I did have the sports tips. Sports tips are the twin pipes as apposed to the single oval outlet. There was a post about a group buy up recently. Not sure but I think the OPC’s contacted weren’t able to offer the supply/fitting for less than 2k or thereabouts even with a group buy IIRC 👍

Edited by Ringmaster999

Hi 

The following photos are my tips which I posted in the previous thread (below)on buying a PSE exhaust (I wish I had done it now). I never did find out if they are sports tips but my cars spec sheet does not list sports tips in the option codes, which has left me puzzled as to exactly what is special about the sports tips.

tips.JPG.2ca8b3c9d0c26455309f2d2523ff666

662494276_Capture3.JPG.73118a4c58a78e847

Can anybody clarify?

I am also interested in buying secondhand if anybody has any interesting leads.

Cheers

Graham

I would say they look very similar to my PSE tips looking at your pictures. 

The amount you'll save second hand isn't really worth it in my opinion, the valves like to seize up so even if you find one you need to make sure it's in good condition.

Edited by daz05
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, daz05 said:

The amount you'll save second hand isn't really worth it in my opinion, the valves like to seize up so even if you find one you need to make sure it's in good condition.

^This^

I had PSE retro fitted to my previous 981 BS.  I didn't get a with/without tips quote.  

S models have twin tail pipes anyway, but with stainless covers.  I assume these are "sports tips".  The PSE came with the same, but with chrome covers.

Defo ring around, get an OPC to fit them, time it to get a decent loan car and enjoy.

Oh, and get them to put the PSE button in the right place too , so doesn't look like a retrofit  

Looks like I will be doing some ringing around.

Thanks Simo so the only difference is chrome covers as opposed to the stainless finish on my cars pipes. I am at the Bristol OPC getting my SD wheel coded so will have a discussion with them to see if they will fit a PSE to my car with my tips.

• Like 1