981 prices 😮😮😮

Spinjim

Had a bump the other day (pictures on refuges Facebook) noting too serious, no one injured and no airbags deployed. 

Car is currently with repair garage and undergoing assessment, I was informed the car my still be written off as it may have hidden damage. 

So looking at prices on auto-trader and eBay and I’m shocked, around £30k is the cheapest FFS which is more than I paid 3 years ago 😮

Supply and demand 😀 or is this because the 718 is a four pot ? 

Jim

Lots of S/h prices across most brands seem very strong at the moment. So add that to the situation around the 981 (in particular) and it’s no surprise the 981 has pretty strong prices.  For many (not all) a 6 cyl in a Porsche sports car is a prerequisite. A 4.0 GTS /spider is going to cost north of £70k, and even then doesn’t sound as good as the 981. 

The prices of the 987.2 and the 981s seem to have skyrocketed. I bought my 981s about 5/6 weeks ago and a friend of mine is after something similar but it looks like to buy my car today you would need another £5/6k which is ridiculous. 
A decent spec 981s seems very rare, there are plenty on nice spec 2.7 about but they are very expensive by comparison.

2 minutes ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

The prices of the 987.2 and the 981s seem to have skyrocketed. I bought my 981s about 5/6 weeks ago and a friend of mine is after something similar but it looks like to buy my car today you would need another £5/6k which is ridiculous. 
A decent spec 981s seems very rare, there are plenty on nice spec 2.7 about but they are very expensive by comparison.

I had a guy stop me the other day and asked if I was interested in selling it I told him prices ar which seemed unfazed. Wbac offering 32k for mine.  Trouble is GTR has also risen so I'm not winning 

I've driven the 718 and the 718s and really enjoyed them both.

I think alas that the 981S in my head which was a mentally target will now be forever out of £££ reach. Ironically the 981 still remains the one variant I haven't driven.

Like a said before the 981 is a fantastic car. Prices now resemble the demand as people begin to understand it better. On Pistonheads there is a thread on car prices and the 981 was one of a few mentioned that have taken a drastic increase in price.

one of the best looking cars made imho.

Prices are reflective of the increase in demand and reduction in supply for performance cars in the current market, same thing is happening with my Golf R, sadly it's nothing to do with people realising the 981 is any better than it already was. There's always some more demand for these in the summer also. 

On 6/7/2021 at 5:58 PM, Lonewolfgjp said:

Looks good Gareth, hope you are well !!

21 hours ago, daz05 said:

Porsche Leicester is asking £47k for a 15 Boxster S with 36k on it! Wow!

Just took a look - it's an almost fully loaded - basically a GTS if it had full leather and PDLS. So i see why its expensive, but yeah, still quite crazy. I think a similar spec in March this year would have been around 40k

Edited by Tarun
Adding more context

1 hour ago, Tarun said:

Just took a look - it's an almost fully loaded - basically a GTS if it had full leather and PDLS. So i see why its expensive, but yeah, still quite crazy. I think a similar spec in March this year would have been around 40k

Missing PASM or X73 too but a good spec, I think the price is opportunistic as there are not many in the network at the moment.

As you say a well specified S should be expensive it has been the bargain of the bunch for a long time.

12 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

Blimey - that really is silly money for a 9 year old boxster, whatever the spec

Normally I'd agree but the market has shifted and it's all relative, that's a better buy than the one at the OPC imho.