981 prices 😮😮😮

Spinjim

32 minutes ago, daz05 said:

Poor show! Was the price of the M4 not sky high then?

Relatively speaking no although all used premium cars are definitely at a peak in my opinion. Interestingly I could sell the M4 back to WBAC for the same price I am paying from a main BMW dealer. It’s all a bit bonkers at the moment!

On 6/21/2021 at 8:16 PM, Madlil said:

Relatively speaking no although all used premium cars are definitely at a peak in my opinion. Interestingly I could sell the M4 back to WBAC for the same price I am paying from a main BMW dealer. It’s all a bit bonkers at the moment!

I brought a M4 competition convertible from a main dealer in March this year, and WBAC are offering me more then I paid . Great car and IMHO much better value for money then a 981. Make sure you get Heads up display. 

• Thanks 1

I would definitely recommend the heads up display - in my BMW its fantastic and miss it when I get in my other car which doesnt have HUD.

All my next cars wil have HUD as this is the first and its brilliant for speed, navigation and warnings.

• Thanks 1

Just read in an Express Newspaper artical that the 981 is one of the top cars for not depreciating, they put it down to being a 6 pot, not a 4, and recon that they will stay like that for the forseable  future.

• Like 2

I bought a 2012 981 three months ago and have kept an eye on prices since. I though I had paid quite a bit for mine, but the spec and millage made it worth while, but prices seem to continue to rise.

I think covid has definitely had an effect along with the 718 being turbo charged. I really don't mind what happened to prices as mine is a keeper, but it will be interesting to see what happens when the car market as a whole softens and how much was down to covid, and how much was down to the engine vs the 718.