New Boxster 718 GTS 4.0 PDK order.

martyn

Hi all,

As title above, having never ordered a new Porsche with a long waiting list, I wondered if anyone has any experience they would like to share. From what I understand there is an approximate 12 month delivery wait for the PDK model and I’m more than happy to wait. I have configured my order on the Porsche Configurator but before I approach my OPC it would be nice to have a heads up. Ideally I would like a September/October 2022 delivery.

I have read on PH that you need to add a UK ‘on the road’ costing ie imagine for the extra road fund licence cost and possibly delivery as well, to the configurator costings, does anyone know different? Also is the deposit refundable say up to start of the build date, and once ordered and deposit paid is the price honoured against any increases?

I presume I cannot agree a trade in price for my 981 until very close to car collection, which is another unknown to consider when budgeting!

Any advice would be very gratefully received.

Thanks Martyn 

Edited by martyn

• martyn changed the title to New Boxster 718 GTS 4.0 PDK order.

Hi Martyn, Its a great car I'm sure you will love it.

I've an order in for a GT4 with PDK  which hopefully will roll off the production line this Friday.

OPCs are different but the one I deal with, and have for the past decade, only takes deposits where they are confident the car will be built. As I understand it at present allocations of build slots are only confirmed on a quarter by quarter basis although the OPC is generally given an idea of what they might get from Porsche UK. If you look at the post 'Will they sell me a GT4?' on the Boxster/Cayman thread on Pistonheads you will get a good understanding of the experiences of a number of people trying to get new 4L cars

Production of new cars are affected by the world wide shortage of microchips and in the case of the 4L caysters there has been an additional problem that circa 1000 engines, on cars manufactured earlier this year, required to be replaced. 

The 'on the road' cost is mainly the new rates based on the cost of the car and its emissions. For a 4L car with PDK, lower emmisons than a manual apparenly!, its a total of £1905. 

Hope this helps and good  luck!

Good luck and congratulations on the purchase. I can’t believe the wait is 12 months for a new one. 
My friend placed an order on one in March 21 and it’s due next month, things must have changed very quickly 

Just now, Stuart21UK said:

£1905 on the road costs!

is that the lucury car tax year 1 @JohnSyn?

what about subsequent years?

It's been like that for a number of years Stuart, all cars over £40k and based on emissions. Subsequent years based on emissions only, as other cars 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, JohnSyn said:

Hi Martyn, Its a great car I'm sure you will love it.

I've an order in for a GT4 with PDK  which hopefully will roll off the production line this Friday.

OPCs are different but the one I deal with, and have for the past decade, only takes deposits where they are confident the car will be built. As I understand it at present allocations of build slots are only confirmed on a quarter by quarter basis although the OPC is generally given an idea of what they might get from Porsche UK. If you look at the post 'Will they sell me a GT4?' on the Boxster/Cayman thread on Pistonheads you will get a good understanding of the experiences of a number of people trying to get new 4L cars

Production of new cars are affected by the world wide shortage of microchips and in the case of the 4L caysters there has been an additional problem that circa 1000 engines, on cars manufactured earlier this year, required to be replaced. 

The 'on the road' cost is mainly the new rates based on the cost of the car and its emissions. For a 4L car with PDK, lower emmisons than a manual apparenly!, its a total of £1905. 

Hope this helps and good  luck!

Hi John,

Many thanks for your in depth and very helpful reply, quick question, do you happen to know whether the £1905 new car tax is incorporated in the Porsche configerator price? ie the price quoted is what you pay? I know it includes VAT but it doesn’t mention anything else.

Thanks in anticipation,

Martyn 

1 hour ago, tcornet said:

Good luck and congratulations on the purchase. I can’t believe the wait is 12 months for a new one. 
My friend placed an order on one in March 21 and it’s due next month, things must have changed very quickly 

Hi, the 12 months quoted is only what I’ve read online lately, I haven’t been told officially. For purely financial reasons, I need to wait until September ‘22!  (Unfortunately) 😞

54 minutes ago, martyn said:

Hi John,

Many thanks for your in depth and very helpful reply, quick question, do you happen to know whether the £1905 new car tax is incorporated in the Porsche configerator price? ie the price quoted is what you pay? I know it includes VAT but it doesn’t mention anything else.

Thanks in anticipation,

Martyn 

Hi Martyn, its in addition to the configurator price. 

52 minutes ago, martyn said:

Hi, the 12 months quoted is only what I’ve read online lately, I haven’t been told officially. For purely financial reasons, I need to wait until September ‘22!  (Unfortunately) 😞

There are strong rumours production of these cars may end before then Martyn but, of course, that is only rumours! 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, JohnSyn said:

Hi Martyn, its in addition to the configurator price. 

Thanks John, next stop for me is going to my local OPC for a coffee and a chat! 

3 minutes ago, martyn said:

I've always enjoyed those visits Martyn! And the coffee is good!!

1 hour ago, JohnSyn said:

I've always enjoyed those visits Martyn! And the coffee is good!!

John, you must have filled your Coffee card up by now, are you on the 9th coffee get a free Porsche yet?

coffee-bar-loyalty-card-template-design-

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Stuart21UK said:

John, you must have filled your Coffee card up by now, are you on the 9th coffee get a free Porsche yet?

coffee-bar-loyalty-card-template-design-

Soon Stuart! At the OPCs next week to have a Taycan for a few hours. I’m sure more coffee will be consumed! 

9 hours ago, JohnSyn said:

Soon Stuart! At the OPCs next week to have a Taycan for a few hours. I’m sure more coffee will be consumed! 

John

let me have your thoughts on the Taycan. I have the Taycan 4S booked for a day.

1 hour ago, tcornet said:

John

let me have your thoughts on the Taycan. I have the Taycan 4S booked for a day.

10 hours ago, JohnSyn said:

I drove the Audi E tron GT RS a couple of weeks ago...been meaning to do a write up...

12 hours ago, martyn said:

Great, Martyn. let us know how you get on. I did have an order in for a  Boxster 4.0 GTS , with PDK, but cancelled it. I agree with @Menoporsche its likely to be the best Boxster yet!

4 hours ago, JohnSyn said:

Great, Martyn. let us know how you get on. I did have an order in for a  Boxster 4.0 GTS , with PDK, but cancelled it. I agree with @Menoporsche its likely to be the best Boxster yet!

Will do John, the chap I deal with has Thursdays off, so I’m going to ring  him tomorrow and make an appointment.

15 minutes ago, martyn said:

Will do John, the chap I deal with has Thursdays off, so I’m going to ring  him tomorrow and make an appointment.

Hope it goes as you want Martyn. The guy I deal with rang today and said my car had been built and was on its way to the docks! I’m getting really excited now!!

Turns out the bloke who lives at the bottom of my garden has a Spyder 4.0. He was pulling out of the drive as I passed so I blocked him in so I could get a better look. Miami blue. It was on a 20 plate - I didn't ask how long he had to wait. I made him promise to take me for a drive. Dunno if he had his fingers crossed... I had enough money to buy any car I really don't think I'd want anything else.

6 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

Pics and write up in Electric Cars pls...

Isn't that basically the Audi Taycan?

yes but whereas there are 8 variations of Porsche (including Cross Turismo), Audi only have 2 and they're not priced with that in mind

Porsche from £70690 to £139910

Audi from £79185 to £110235 (RS)

I drove the more expensive RS

mini write up maybe at the w/e

• Thanks 1