New Boxster 718 GTS 4.0 PDK order.

martyn

Hi all, so have just come home from a very informative chat with my contact at Colchester OPC, basically there is a shortage of new cars coming through and the demand for Porsche models hasn’t diminished in fact possibly due to C19 the demand has increased. This is almost certainly what’s behind the general uplift in Porsche second hand values.

Regarding the 718 Boxster 4.0 PDK, the wait time is in excess of 12 months. His own personal opinion  is that there will be a facelift model released early/mid 2022, and possibly a hybrid Boxster also in 2022, (see article in Autocar). As I don’t want it till September 2022 that isn’t a problem.

The deposit is fully refundable and I only need to provide him with a configurator code and he is happy to accept my order, so I need to sort out what I want as regards the colours internal trim etc etc. 

All being well, I should be formally ordering car later this week or early next. I will post up the finalised build code when established.

Martyn.

Sounds like a decent plan and plenty of time to look forward to it, also potentially being one of the last real Boxsters it will be very desirable 👌

When I read the bit about hybrid and electric Boxster I’m sure I was sick and swallowed it again😂, what a bleak looking future…..

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

Sounds like a decent plan and plenty of time to look forward to it, also potentially being one of the last real Boxsters it will be very desirable 👌

When I read the bit about hybrid and electric Boxster I’m sure I was sick and swallowed it again😂, what a bleak looking future…..

Yep, imagine a ‘silent’ Boxster....... This evolution if you can call it that leaves me cold, I might as well buy a silent Ford!

Just imagine those spirited Sunday morning drives in your silent milk float 💩 But you will laughing driving one of the last true Boxsters.

All these electric/ hybrid cars remind me of when the iPhone/smart phone came around. Before then there were so many different phones to choose from, luxury metal ones sliding ones. Now they are all the same boring black slabs of glass, yes they do everything and they are more modern but are they any fun? I worry cars may go the same way…🥲

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So, deposit paid and OPC consultant Rob is kindly going to manage order for delivery in September 2022. Very professional person to deal with.

Porsche code as follows but nothing is set in stone until start of build….PNJ31RI3.

Still like python green mind, but better half reckons I’m too old! 😳

6 minutes ago, martyn said:

So, deposit paid and OPC consultant Rob is kindly going to manage order for delivery in September 2022. Very professional person to deal with.

Porsche code as follows but nothing is set in stone until start of build….PNJ31RI3.

to make it easier for the others

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNJ31RI3

iris?COSY-EU-100-17116bXqc6eP3Hi1qwT9Hcn

11 minutes ago, martyn said:

I m a big fan of the GTS in python green 👌

14 hours ago, JohnSyn said:

Great news Martyn, I'm sure you will love the car!

Thanks John, now I have to be patient for roughly 14 months, still I suppose the anticipation makes it better as well!
Would be good if the suspected facelift materialises and copies the dash and interior of the current 992. I Love the new style PDK gear selector and infotainment screen.

• Like 1

Congratulations @martyn!  The car will be a great upgrade from your 981S.  I'm a sucker on the Porsche configurator and can't help to choose lots of goodies, I won't suggest loads of 'nice but unimportant' things - but something I consider essential is the climate control - this is far more useful than it first sounds as it allows you to set a temperature and forget it, the standard fitment is manual aircon which needs to be fiddled with to keep comfortable.  I know we mostly have the roof down anyway, but on longer trips and in wet weather the climate control is invaluable.  Enjoy the tweaking of the configurator and the anticipation of collection day!

I spent some interesting fantasy time on the configurator. Got the outside sorted pretty quick but I never could get the interior I wanted - contrasting seat panels and stitching. So my inability to work a computer has saved me a fortune I don't have. Or maybe I failed some secret Porsche test and I don't qualify.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...