PSE warranty replacement

JurassicBGTS

Just had the black tips on my GTS replaced under the 3 year warranty.

Managed to get this done as the deterioration was reported to my OPC before the 3 years was up.

After the first long run since replacement, I have an awful rattling noise on start up and overrun.

It's going back in next week and I hope it's just something come loose.

However if its the PSE valves rattling or catalyser or anything that needs replacing am I right in understanding that exhaust issues are covered under the used car extended warranty, as reading on the 981 forum PSEs that have failed have been replaced.

I have read through the warranty details and can't see exhausts being excluded, whereas on the F-Type JLR specifically exclude exhausts and even sports exhaust valve failures.

I had my 981 PSE replaced at 6 years old due to stuck valves, so yes they are covered.  Of course if it’s general deterioration that might be a different matter,  I couldn’t see exhaust tips being replaced at 6+ years.  What ‘deterioration’ had occurred with your tips?

Great that a fault would be covered thanks.

On the Macan black GTS exhaust tips they start to pit on the ends.

It's definitely not covered under the extended warranty as it's classified as cosmetic deterioration, but under the manufacturer 3 year warranty they did replace them. I just booked it in before the 3 years was up, but the work was done a couple of months later due to Covid restrictions.