Quick question!

martyn

I am On the configurator and options list is running upwards and away, I have Bose in my current car, but have never heard the sound package plus system, can I save just over £800 and go with the standard music system, I am playing Pink Floyd almost all the time, 🙂 🙂  but confess I am a bit tone deaf!

Would I notice the difference? What would you do?

Comparing apples and aadvarks here given they are older cars compared to what you are looking at... I had BOSE in a 987.1 and it was "Meh" , have SPP in my 987.2 and for my lo-fi ears it more than does the job.

5 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Also disappointed with my 987.1 Bose. But I think here it's been said that 981 sound is far better.

Yes, I’m certainly not a music connoisseur by a long chalk, but as I haven’t got PSE on my current car, I might well spend less time listening to PF and more time to the new GTS exhaust music!
One could say, “who needs Bose”……

Edited by martyn

3 minutes ago, martyn said:

Yes, I’m certainly not a music connoisseur by a long chalk, but as I haven’t got PSE on my current car, I might well spend less time listening to PF and more time to the new GTS exhaust music!
One could say, “who needs Bose”……

Given the choice that’s how I would go - enjoy 

5 hours ago, bandit_287 said:

I had SPP in my 987.2 and I thought it sounded more than adequate, I now have Bose in my 981 and I can’t really tell the difference. 

Now that’s the answer I was looking for!!!  🙂

19 minutes ago, Malcolm E Box said:

My previous 718 Boxster had Bose and this one does not.

Can barely tell the difference especially with the roof down.

Thanks Malcolm, that clinches it. I can now afford a ‘special colour’ !

• 2 weeks later...

I have had a 987.1 , 987.2 , 981 plus 3 Macans all with standard sound system which was acceptable. Have got Bose in my 718 Boxster T and whilst it is better than the standard system I don’t think I would spec it - would rather put the cash towards something else.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...