Gearbox Fault amber light-engine control fault? WTH!

Ian ferguson

3 minutes ago, Paul P said:

So. When does there be a market in a high mileage pdk car being bought for 15k and broken for parts if a 2nd hand box is 11k. 

you could split a decent car and buy yourself two more. 

Yes although if I had to buy one my first at port of call would be an OPC on the exchange basis (assuming criteria is met , whatever that is)

Edited by iborguk

9 minutes ago, iborguk said:

Sounds about right ,irrc it was about 7k for an exchange and about 15k for an outright on a 987.

Bay of E is probably the wrong place to look but only saw one at 11k (used Cayman box)

There are at least two for under £3k on my first search. I also spotted a 992 box that was replaced under warranty for £1650, wonder how the seller got their hands on that!

1 minute ago, daz05 said:

There are at least two for under £3k on my first search. I also spotted a 992 box that was replaced under warranty for £1650, wonder how the seller got their hands on that!

Fair do’s, maybe I should have used a better search criteria. Frustrating that the OP’s potential issue is caused by what looks like 50 quids worth of electronics.

29 minutes ago, daz05 said:

Out of curiosity what part numbers you seeing for <3k ? Thanks

PDK - it's the new IMS....

Actually I've seen a few PDK issues pop up in various places over the past couple of weeks. Just when I'd convinced myself to like it. I broke my first and only tip box but then I've managed to break almost every automatic box I've owned so it could just be me.

Edited by JonSta

• 2 weeks later...

THE CAR IS BACK-HAPPY DAYS.

Just a quick update i collected the car on Monday and eventually went the route of 2nd hand gearbox.  The indi garage did a great job in looking after me and were keen to get me back on the road ASAP.  Combined with a oil & fluid box change and an out of sync brake fluid change the car has never felt so good!

Looking forward to enjoying the rest of the summer and thanks for your inputs on this issue guys-much appreciated.

Enjoy the rest of the summer

• Like 2

8 hours ago, daz05 said:

Nice one Ian, what happened to the old one are you going to try and sell it on?

Yeah what you doing with the old one?

Mine is leaking a bit and I'm yet to get someone with a mechanical brain to look at it. 

On 7/22/2021 at 10:11 AM, daz05 said:

Nice one Ian, what happened to the old one are you going to try and sell it on?

Hi daz, yes I’ve left the gearbox with the indi and propose to list it this weekend time permitting.

im going to price it to sell but it should be of use to someone more mechanically minded than myself.

for the record it was a failed displacement sensor and no other faults recorded.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Ian ferguson said:

Hi daz, yes I’ve left the gearbox with the indi and propose to list it this weekend time permitting.

im going to price it to sell but it should be of use to someone more mechanically minded than myself.

for the record it was a failed displacement sensor and no other faults recorded.

Could you post a link when you do please.