three Rons...95 V 97 V99

zagamuffin

lads,

Has anyone seen any articles where someones run their Boxs on three different grades of fuel and dynoed the results.Im running a std 981 S and in Ireland we can only get 95ron,now it does have eu mandated 5% eth content so that increases it slightly but lets assume im std 95.I presume porsche power figures are using rec 97 ron and car is knocking back a few ponies.....

I used to make my own with the old BTCC formula but would rather not go through all that again.

On 6/30/2021 at 8:23 AM, zagamuffin said:

lads,

Has anyone seen any articles where someones run their Boxs on three different grades of fuel and dynoed the results.Im running a std 981 S and in Ireland we can only get 95ron,now it does have eu mandated 5% eth content so that increases it slightly but lets assume im std 95.I presume porsche power figures are using rec 97 ron and car is knocking back a few ponies.....

I used to make my own with the old BTCC formula but would rather not go through all that again.

old subject this one, I did a fuel economy test over several thousand miles when I first had mine....

as far as power IIRC a 981S is 315bhp, apart from the test mentioned above, my car is run on 95ron and I am positive the dyno below was done on a long run on 95ron prior.

2017_05_06-Dyno-run-1-705x499.jpg

2017_05_06-Dyno-run-2-705x499.jpg

Edited by Stuart21UK
  • Thanks 1

On 6/30/2021 at 11:12 PM, zagamuffin said:

Would be good to see a 97 furled dyno sheet if anyone’s done one , what about our undercover expert @Mark Shead

What fuel grade does Porsche recommend. If they say there’s no loss of power on 95oct then that should be all the Oct it needs to make max power. 
you only make more power if the map is made for it. Most modern engines live on the knock control as that tends to give you more power and better efficiency. 
Diff engines will need or want different types of fuel most turbo engines will be a knock limited engine so better Oct will always mean more power. 
A NA engine tends to be more tolerable of lower Oct. 

Mark

• Thanks 1