Car phone mount...Brodit, Proclip?

Stuart21UK

The wireless charging phone mount I have is really good except for one thing....it attaches to the air vent and 9 times out of 10 it flaps about more than a flag in a tornado

So....I've been thinking about a more permanent (ish) solution....I'd rather have the type of mount that's universal, not specific to phone model

Maybe a base like the Brodit or Proclip that I can Heath Robinson my existing wireless mount to (it has a ball mount on the rear)

Any ideas?

Anything other than these two?

this is what I have now

2019_06_15-roof-leak-1.jpg

1 hour ago, michelin said:

I’ve just been on a weekend Scottish road trip and mine didn’t move once. It’s called an ESR Halolock. Superb piece of kit. 👍🏼

Only iPhone compatible unfortunately but thanks

I had the Brodit Proclip with a Quadlock wall mount screwed to it on my BMW Z4M. Worked perfectly. Rock solid. 

https://www.quadlockcase.co.uk/collections/shop-life/products/quad-lock-st-adhesive-mount-twin-pack?variant=346965147666

Now with Magsafe, I will probably go with a Magsafe mount screwed to the Brodit bracket mount instead. 

2 hours ago, Scubaregs said:

Hope you are using the dampner on the bike.

I certainly am, very necessary! But on the little scooter I keep in my motorhome I've got a mount that clamps to the mirror stem as there's nowhere else sensible to put it and I haven't bothered with a dampener on that.

2 hours ago, daz05 said:

I'll just leave this here it really is the future.... Use code TDS in the promo box at www.joyeauto.com if you decide to be courageous!

when it comes down in price to the equivalent of a mount then its viable in comparison ;)