Bilstein B12 suspension kits

Kev Ush

I’ve been looking up suspension kits for my boxster. Not looking for anything adjustable...just want something that is fit and forget.

I was looking on Design911 and the B12 suspension kit is £1183.20 inc VAT (with a 5% discount added).

I was wondering what a B12 kit consists off? Is it just B8 shocks and -30mm H&R springs?? 

...the reason I ask is when I just add a set of B8 dampers and H&R springs to the basket the total is only £1097.56 inc VAT (with 5% discount added) so almost £90 cheaper buying the bits individually than in a kit which is a bit odd.

Does anyone have a cheaper source Bilstein suspension kits? I had a quick google but design911 seems to be the cheapest.

14 hours ago, Kev Ush said:

I’ve been looking up suspension kits for my boxster. Not looking for anything adjustable...just want something that is fit and forget.

I was looking on Design911 and the B12 suspension kit is £1183.20 inc VAT (with a 5% discount added).

I was wondering what a B12 kit consists off? Is it just B8 shocks and -30mm H&R springs?? 

...the reason I ask is when I just add a set of B8 dampers and H&R springs to the basket the total is only £1097.56 inc VAT (with 5% discount added) so almost £90 cheaper buying the bits individually than in a kit which is a bit odd.

Does anyone have a cheaper source Bilstein suspension kits? I had a quick google but design911 seems to be the cheapest.

Eibach springs

Edited by T911UK

16 hours ago, charlieboy2608 said:

As silly as this sounds do you source these direct or through a supplier?

Never dealt with Eibach springs.................

1 hour ago, T911UK said:

Well that’s not good, I think I phoned up a got a price direct with further discount which made it a good 25% cheaper than anywhere else. But maybe they have stopped doing that due to it p1ssing it’s re-sellers off

9 hours ago, ATM said:

I thought the goto these days was the Koni dampers. Are they called sport active or something like that?

The Konis are an alternative (that I chose for mine) and can often be bought for less but they do have a slightly different character to the OE Bilstein shocks in that they firm up a bit more when pushing on but at a bit more forgiving over slow high frequency broken road surfaces.

27 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

The Konis are an alternative (that I chose for mine) and can often be bought for less but they do have a slightly different character to the OE Bilstein shocks in that they firm up a bit more when pushing on but at a bit more forgiving over slow high frequency broken road surfaces.

I'm confused by people using different springs with the Koni because surely you're supposed to match the shock to the spring. So what spring is the Koni paired with ideally?

44 minutes ago, ATM said:

I'm confused by people using different springs with the Koni because surely you're supposed to match the shock to the spring. So what spring is the Koni paired with ideally?

OE standard (X029) spring and people have used with sports M030 springs which give -10mm ride height with the Koni Special Active dampers.  Differences are minor and spring vs damper bump & rebound rates is a whole world of suspension engineer black art and requires many thousands of miles to test driving to resolve into a production package.

1 minute ago, red rocket said:

Am i right in thinking Autodoc parts are shipped from abroad and therefore likely to incur import charges?

I'm about to place an order when I find the info from this post but when you work through the ordering process the only price added is "Safe order @ £3.95"

2 minutes ago, charlieboy2608 said:

I'm about to place an order when I find the info from this post but when you work through the ordering process the only price added is "Safe order @ £3.95"

But customs charges could presumably be added on arrival in the UK and before delivery.