Tempted to sell through massive lack of use

Takahashi

Thinking about selling my 987.1 S, I only did 1k miles last year, and so far in the last couple of months since its recent MOT, I've only done about 200 miles, if that. I have to actually find an excuse to use it, and it seems a shame just sitting there, so I'm thinking of getting rid, its not perfect bodywork wise, but will come with rattle cans to repair the damaged paint to the sills.

Yes, this is the car that got rear ended two weeks after I'd had it all painted, and had a pile of new parts, refurbed wheels, and mega spec options list. As the paint is bad, but the car is good, I'd only be looking around the 7500 to 8000 mark (67k miles, 9 months MOT). I absolutley love the thing, but i just cant see the point in owning it when I'm not using it..

anyone out there interested in a potential track car?

23 minutes ago, Takahashi said:

Thinking about selling my 987.1 S, I only did 1k miles last year, and so far in the last couple of months since its recent MOT, I've only done about 200 miles, if that. I have to actually find an excuse to use it, and it seems a shame just sitting there, so I'm thinking of getting rid, its not perfect bodywork wise, but will come with rattle cans to repair the damaged paint to the sills.

Yes, this is the car that got rear ended two weeks after I'd had it all painted, and had a pile of new parts, refurbed wheels, and mega spec options list. As the paint is bad, but the car is good, I'd only be looking around the 7500 to 8000 mark (67k miles, 9 months MOT). I absolutley love the thing, but i just cant see the point in owning it when I'm not using it..

anyone out there interested in a potential track car?

Mine gets used properly only when I go out on a run with fellow Boxster owners, this was more common when I was up north but since coming to Cambridge I have found some fellow owners in the region and we meet up every month or so. If I didn't do this it would be difficult to justify (make that MORE difficult, it still doesn't really make sense). 

If this does not appeal to you then you're probably right to sell, if that is the case then write out a proper advert and go for it, your original post is ambiguous, is it a request for advice or an advert to sell a car? It doesn't seem like the latter otherwise it would be in the for sale sector.

19 minutes ago, Lennym1984 said:

What happened to the sills? Seems like a good deal for someone

i'd had the car repainted, wrapped it a few months later, and where they had painted it, the paint came straight off with the vinyl, stunk off paint still, mega shocked. (top coat and laquer only, not the primers

3 minutes ago, Terryg said:

Mine gets used properly only when I go out on a run with fellow Boxster owners, this was more common when I was up north but since coming to Cambridge I have found some fellow owners in the region and we meet up every month or so. If I didn't do this it would be difficult to justify (make that MORE difficult, it still doesn't really make sense). 

If this does not appeal to you then you're probably right to sell, if that is the case then write out a proper advert and go for it, your original post is ambiguous, is it a request for advice or an advert to sell a car? It doesn't seem like the latter otherwise it would be in the for sale sector.

ive got 2 other cars and a motorbike, plus 4 kids and a dog, even the cost of it sitting on the drive is getting on for nearly a grand a year not to use it. I'll probably write out an ad with a load of photos over the weekend, only problem is, at that price, I'll probably get tyre kickers or morons, which i dont have the time or patience for....

9 minutes ago, Takahashi said:

i'd had the car repainted, wrapped it a few months later, and where they had painted it, the paint came straight off with the vinyl, stunk off paint still, mega shocked. (top coat and laquer only, not the primers

ive got 2 other cars and a motorbike, plus 4 kids and a dog, even the cost of it sitting on the drive is getting on for nearly a grand a year not to use it. I'll probably write out an ad with a load of photos over the weekend, only problem is, at that price, I'll probably get tyre kickers or morons, which i dont have the time or patience for....

It sounds like you have made a decision and it also seems to be the right one for you. Next question is, why be so negative about the selling process? Yes that could happen but it isn't inevitable, my car was in that price bracket and it sold to the second person who enquired about it in a far more difficult market than the UK. Write the advert as open and honest as possible, highlight the good points but make sure the bad bits are mentioned too, the paint issue will definitely have an impact on price and maybe the type of person who will respond, on the other hand it may also attract someone with painting capability who sees a good car with issues he or she can easily correct. If you suspect a tyre kicker has responded be courteous but brief in your dialogue, a genuine person will respect that and persist and a moron will fek off. Give the process your best shot but don't invest in the outcome and be prepared for the possibility of a long process, if you can sell on here, so much the better.

Good luck with it and whatever you decide to do next