Ho Lee Fuk

Ninesomething

13 minutes ago, JonSta said:

Anyone think this is cheeky?

Yep, sorry but that seems massively overpriced for a 2008 car to me - And also, I would be asking them why the ignition barrel looks so knackered on an otherwise pristine car.  Looks like someone has tried to start it with a massive screwdriver.... 

Looking at their other stock, they're not shy with their prices, are they :lol:

3 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Looking at their other stock, they're not shy with their prices, are they :lol:

They most certainly are not!  From personal experience they do a good deal on parts to 'Classic' owners though.

14 minutes ago, Davey P said:

And also, I would be asking them why the ignition barrel looks so knackered on an otherwise pristine car.  Looks like someone has tried to start it with a massive screwdriver....

I think the apparent damage around the ignition barrel is actually a reflection in the chrome surround.

I never knew that the RS60 was released to celebrate a race they won in 1960. Only took 27 years to get around to it. There was me thinking the RS60 was released to try to flog off the last of the 987s after it leaked out that they'd redesigned the engine to eliminate a couple of serious flaws.

Call me a cynic.

• Haha 2

stick it on collecting cars and someone will give double !  :)

Blimey, you'd really need to want a gen 1 to stump up that much - wonder how much they gave the poor sod who P/x'd to them?

Also be interested to know what a "full and comprehensive service history" actually consists of

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JonSta said:

Think black was an option. 

I looked at one before buying my first car.  That was red interior.  Just too much for me.  

nice car, but just not what I wanted and personally not special enough for that kind of price tag.  

2 hours ago, JonSta said:

For all the Spyder badging, it looks like my 987.1.

That mileage makes this car special but I struggle with the notion that someone bought it 13 yrs ago and barely drove it. If you like it enough to cough up the money, why not get it out to play? Rich folk, I'll never understand.

19 minutes ago, McDonald said:

For all the Spyder badging, it looks like my 987.1.

That mileage makes this car special but I struggle with the notion that someone bought it 13 yrs ago and barely drove it. If you like it enough to cough up the money, why not get it out to play? Rich folk, I'll never understand.

Agree totally re mileage.  But it’s not that low.  My 987.2 was “strong money” at 9 years old with 18k miles on it but it wasn’t “a kidney” 

nice car.  Stupid price tag. But … things are worth what people will pay. 

39 minutes ago, Paul P said:

Agree totally re mileage.  But it’s not that low.  My 987.2 was “strong money” at 9 years old with 18k miles on it but it wasn’t “a kidney” 

nice car.  Stupid price tag. But … things are worth what people will pay. 

You paid 'Strong money' for a low mileage car that had done four times the annual mileage of the Spyder.

500 miles a year is absurd. I don't understand the folk who do this.

My 2010 987.2 Cayman had almost exactly 20k on the clock when I bought it last year. In the last 4 years it had covered less than 1k. Nuts.

It's had the cobwebs blown out of it now and I have done 7k in the last 10 months.

• Like 1