987 passenger Bose door speaker replacement

Dunc101

Hi all,

My passenger door speaker is 'farting' - having removed it, its this little gem (see photo).

Googling the part id of 997.645.555.00 shows only salvage / Ebay items. Is there anywhere I can get a new one of these, apart from going to the dealer and paying dealer prices?

I did see some sites with 987 door speakers for sale, but they're not the Bose door speakers by the looks of it. 

Any help / guidance greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Duncan.

Bose 987 door speaker.jpg

I imagine there will be no change from around £200 from Porsche (£175 +VAT from Design 911 !!!) and probably not available from Bose directly as it is a Porsche OE supply part number and probably no longer a current product either.  I'd strongly recommend a direct replacement from a breaker or similar source would be my recommendation. Douglas Valley, Status Porsche, 9apart and others. Arguably if you get new as a single item in hifi terms the system will not be balance with a new and the other one a well run in cone and I'm sure you won't buy 2 at that price!  A second hand part would be balanced....

Good Luck!