Jump to content

2022 Macan press video


Withy
 Share

Recommended Posts

Looks quite tasty.. doesn't look like all digital dash, but does have an array of haptic buttons on the centre console.  Liking that wheel design

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tempted by the GTS.

might be the only weirdo that’s been trying to choose between a GR Yaris, Lotus Emira, Macan and 718 Spyder…..

had my GR Yaris deposit refunded, deposit down on the Emira, but keeping leaning towards a second porsche. Sensible head says Macan. Silly head (and lack of availability) says Spyder. And then there’s the Emira……

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, MH82 said:

Am I missing anything obvious 

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNCFD593 

Nice car/spec 👍 Would love one as a daily

The only thing for me that is an ‘obvious’ omission is a rear view camera

Although I’d personally extend that to surround view, along with adaptive cruise & vented seats

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lovely spec,  not a million miles away from what we spec’d on a 2020 one which we love.

Really surprised Sport Chrono not std now as it is in other markets

driver memory seats really not used in ours, and a bit weird if I’m honest as you seem to have to hold in the ‘1’ or ‘2’ until it moves stuff to end state.

I think if I did over I might add roof rails

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Odd the GTS model has no option for the 75ltr tank, you think you would need it more 🤣

 

Also choosing one on the wheel options alters the ‘interior’ config!!! Seems a little FUBAR IMHO!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, r1flyguy said:

Odd the GTS model has no option for the 75ltr tank, you think you would need it more 🤣

 

Also choosing one on the wheel options alters the ‘interior’ config!!! Seems a little FUBAR IMHO!

Seems some conflicting spec

 

Screenshot-20210720-150838-Samsung-Internet

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks nice apart from the  haptic buttons :( I hate those things having to take your eyes off the road to know what to press instead of doing it by touch

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, MIkeyv60 said:

Seems some conflicting spec

No, I think I missed it’s the standard size on the GTS.

The option of the bigger tank is available on the other 2 models 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, r1flyguy said:

No, I think I missed it’s the standard size on the GTS.

The option of the bigger tank is available on the other 2 models 

Looking at the technical specs, the larger tank is standard on the GTS where as the 65 litre is on the other 2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CMA said:

Looking at the technical specs, the larger tank is standard on the GTS where as the 65 litre is on the other 2

Im sure thats what i said 🤣

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wonder what the queue will be like to buy one of these??? If us mere mortals. Would even get a look in 🤪

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, r1flyguy said:

Wonder what the queue will be like to buy one of these??? If us mere mortals. Would even get a look in 🤪

I think you will , might have to wait a year , but they build more of these per year than anything else.

From a couple of conversations its the ev version which people are enquiring about .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, MIkeyv60 said:

I think you will , might have to wait a year , but they build more of these per year than anything else.

From a couple of conversations its the ev version which people are enquiring about .

If I decide to trade in it will be for the next 8/9 years until EV’s and it’s network have had chance to ‘evolve’

My current Macan I’ve had for nearly 5 years & bought used, so 8/9 years for a Macan I spec is no hardship to own long term.

Also my Macan is in for yet another warranty repair with a backlog on the part so I’m without it for 2 weeks+ so I’m getting somewhat disillusioned with it to be honest!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, r1flyguy said:

If I decide to trade in it will be for the next 8/9 years until EV’s and it’s network have had chance to ‘evolve’

My current Macan I’ve had for nearly 5 years & bought used, so 8/9 years for a Macan I spec is no hardship to own long term.

Also my Macan is in for yet another warranty repair with a backlog on the part so I’m without it for 2 weeks+ so I’m getting somewhat disillusioned with it to be honest!!

This is the final ice macan they have said so will be sold along side the new ev model until sales start to dip then it will be discontinued.

I think.it will sell well for that reason.

All they keep saying is the next gen of ev cars will have more range and faster charging etc etc , so like you i will leave untill the very end? 

Motorbikes will cease ice sales in 2035 its been announced too.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I must be in a minority.  This latest model , and the previous models, are nice cars, probably great cars and I have sat in them at OPC"s and thought - yeah - nice place to be and I see what people like, and I have never driven a Macan  -  but personally - I just can't get excited by this market segment.

If I won one - I would keep it - unlike some of the alternatives.

Good that we all like different things and for sure it's a Porsche - so scores points, but I don't reckon I will be buying one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Paul P said:

I must be in a minority.  This latest model , and the previous models, are nice cars, probably great cars and I have sat in them at OPC"s and thought - yeah - nice place to be and I see what people like, and I have never driven a Macan  -  but personally - I just can't get excited by this market segment.

If I won one - I would keep it - unlike some of the alternatives.

Good that we all like different things and for sure it's a Porsche - so scores points, but I don't reckon I will be buying one.

I have to be realistic as to what i can get into ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...