New Arrival

IanBu

Having spent some time looking for a "fun car" I collected a 2006 Boxster S a couple of weeks back and have spent the time since collection both enjoying & getting to know the car. it is a 2006 S, manual transmission, pccb, pasm, psm, sports chrono package, interior carbon package are the highlights of the vehicle specification. My plan is to drive it for the rest of the summer and then take it off the road to refresh & overhaul some components to put a new tax disc in the screen in March 22 with hopefully a European road trip for good measure.

P11.jpg

• Like 4

Thanking you, it was first registered in the U.K in 2006 before coming across to Ireland later on in 2006. The pccb seem to be rare enough on a Boxster, overkill for what I will be using the car for but still a nice option. 

The sound system will be upgraded, going to try keep it as standard a look as possible. Also on the planned list is to replace the clutch & associated gubbins and gearshift cables as preventative along with a suspension refresh. I may look at replacing some cooling related parts as there seems to be some common failures, as much preventative work as possible over the winter is the aim of the game :)

3 hours ago, IanBu said:

Having spent some time looking for a "fun car" I collected a 2006 Boxster S a couple of weeks back

Well, you've nailed it there mate, I doubt you will get more fun from any other car, and it looks like you know what you're doing regarding future maintenance and improvements.

Excellent stuff, welcome to the forum :thumbsup_anim:

H

15 hours ago, andygo said:

Here one of mine:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/XJtXlMC.jpg[/img]

Hmm, thats not working

This is though:

XJtXlMC.jpg

And here was/is the spec:

lXa5O4S.jpg

• Like 1

Haha, i bought the car in 2015, that was the original purchase invoice.It was the dealer principles car, hence the loading with extras. A basic boxster S for £33k sounds like a bargain now though.

@andygo thank you for posting the original purchase options, it is always interesting to see new option prices. I know that my car originated in the U.K and wore the plate RE06CKN however that is as much as I know. Your picture is definitely a sister car of my own :)

On 7/22/2021 at 1:48 PM, IanBu said:

The sound system will be upgraded, going to try keep it as standard a look as possible. 

Bit of a left field comment from my experience lately in my convertible. (SLK 3.2 L V6 from 2000). The factory sound is not great. And a previous owner had fitted iPhone connector and new, but standard-looking head set. But still not as good as home. 

But I did 600 miles this weekend (top down) and I just used my iPhone and pro EarPods  - and it worked really well for my situation. I used Siri for both music and navigation. It made me think that when my SLK retires I would put my money into the best 987.2 PDK I can afford, and the sound system doesn't matter one bit.

Note: I'm a single, I have top down 80% of the time, use my car for weekend jaunts where I am either lost/ trying new routes in the countryside.  

Anyway, wishing you many great drives in your beautiful Boxster @IanBu - it looks like a 'forever' car to me. 

12 hours ago, kevinon said:

I did 600 miles this weekend (top down) and I just used my iPhone and pro EarPods  - and it worked really well for my situation.

I'd never considered this an option. Can you really hear the tunes at speed with top down and windows down so everything down?

8 hours ago, ATM said:

I'd never considered this an option. Can you really hear the tunes at speed with top down and windows down so everything down?

Yep, there's noise cancellation on Pro AirPods - and because your roof is off you can safely hear the world outside, as well as good fidelity on your tunes. Also, "Hey Siri, play my driving playlist" works a bit better with the AirPods in your ear than shouting at the telephone!

Worth considering - and it deffo meets my needs. Your mileage may vary!

• Like 1

Nice tip, different from my usual comment about why bother to put hi fi in a sports convertible. 

Note driving with headphones is illegal in at least Spain and Portugal, not sure about other countries, if planning European trips.