Ceramic coating

McDonald

8 minutes ago, Toeside said:

Looks good .....DIY or Detailer? What was the chosen coating?

That's the detailer at work in the photo. Sadly, my garage doesn't resemble that workshop. Mark at Ammo Detailing did the work.

From their ad:-

• Your vehicle will be treated first with our Carbon Collective Molecule 9H Ceramic Coating. This Molecule Ceramic Coating is a true 9H ultra-hydrophobic coating. Once applied, the coating becomes the active layer on top of the surface, protecting against scratches, swirls, chemicals, bird droppings UV rays for up to 5 years.
  • Our Carbon Collective Molecule Coating forms the base layer for our Nero Ceramic Coating. We then apply Nero to increase durability and scratch resistance up to 7 years.
Edited by McDonald
added info

19 minutes ago, IanBu said:

Looks good, have you any images from the front that you can share? 

Can I ask how long the two stage process takes, it’s another item on my own list :)

Hi Ian,

I delivered the car at 9am Monday & collected it at 4pm Tuesday. Ammo detailing have a few branches & they've been promoting a special deal for some months. They promise multiple stage paint correction and more before applying the ceramic finish. Another local company quoted me over 3 times the price. I know the expensive job would be more thorough but my car was already in very good shape and it's 16 years old. I just couldn't justify £1200. 

I have no connection with Ammo, but I'm delighted with what they have done to my car.

I'll post more pictures soon.

Edited by McDonald
grammar

What happens to chips and scuffs? Ive thought of doing this but i have a couple of teeny tiny stone chips on the bonnet, some scuffs on the door sills, and a bit of paint rash around both side vents. Is it worth ceramic coating if the paint isnt perfect?

1 minute ago, Sammysmiths said:

What happens to chips and scuffs? Ive thought of doing this but i have a couple of teeny tiny stone chips on the bonnet, some scuffs on the door sills, and a bit of paint rash around both side vents. Is it worth ceramic coating if the paint isnt perfect?

The multiple stage paint correction will deal with superficial stuff. You need to show it to the company you're considering using & ask them. Ceramic surface on top of damage is not likely to be helpful.

21 hours ago, IanBu said:

Looks good, have you any images from the front that you can share? 

Can I ask how long the two stage process takes, it’s another item on my own list :)

More pictures.

h57WElt.jpg

Zu08IX2.jpg

tlgvayx.jpg

• 2 weeks later...