981s lumpish ride under 3500 revs

Herbie33

Thanks for the feedback, this is a great community for help and advice, I was starting to think either I bought a duffer or I’m a old duffer (I’m certainly getting there according to my kids!)

it seems it’s one of the quirks of the 981s’

• 1 month later...

Hi all 

so turns out it’s not a quirk, after another visit to the OPC and taking a technician out on a test drive (oh er) Porsche Cambridge have finally agreed there is something wrong, talking to the tech he’s never heard of this issue before on the 981 but had similar on a 987 where there is an issue with the throttle body valve, alternatively it maybe an issue with the vario cam !

anyway a week later they’ve ordered a new throttle body and that’ll be here Thursday, they’ll then see if that’s fixed the issue, if not…

Fingers crossed I’m taking the Boxster to Bicester Scramble on Sunday 

Good to hear the update, I guess yours was more than the very subtle "missfire" I mentioned. Keep us updated to progress and what transpires after they change the throttle body, I hope it resolves your issue. 

• 5 weeks later...