2011 Boxster S stalling for no reason

Gramps

So, this has happened to me twice now on my 2011 Boxster S, both times after a lot of driving over a few days (road trip to Lake district last year and another to Cornwall this month), the car is all warmed up but I'd stop at lights whatever for a short while and the engine stalls whilst idling, no rough running prior, just cuts out. It starts straight away and runs sweet as a nut again. But I found this time round that if I re-start it and let it idle for 30secs or so it would stall again. I tried this same procedure 4 times and each time it stalled after about 30secs and started again clean as a whistle. It does occasionally try to save itself from stalling and gives itself a squirt of juice which would keep it running but roughly. Again if I re-start it it runs clean again, If I re-start and pull away before the 30secs are up it's fine. Anyone out there come across this before or know what it might be? Air flow sensor or the like? TIA for any help....Rob AKA Gramps

My car would do similar but would be second start after cold start.  So out the garage. Turn it off. 5 mins later start and it would fire, run, die. 

I had a service recently.  They changed plugs (otherwise just a minor. It’s not done it since. )

same / different who knows but that’s all that changed on mine. 

22 hours ago, Paul P said:

My car would do similar but would be second start after cold start.  So out the garage. Turn it off. 5 mins later start and it would fire, run, die. 

I had a service recently.  They changed plugs (otherwise just a minor. It’s not done it since. )

same / different who knows but that’s all that changed on mine. 

Hi Paul. Mine fires up straight away and runs clean, till it stalls if I don't pull away within 30secs or so. May get round to changing the plugs soon anyway. Will have to see what develops if anything 👍

2 hours ago, Gramps said:

Hi Paul. Mine fires up straight away and runs clean, till it stalls if I don't pull away within 30secs or so. May get round to changing the plugs soon anyway. Will have to see what develops if anything 👍

See how it goes.  Standing offer to plug in the diags and see if anything is logged.  You aren’t that far away from me and happy to help if I can.  

1 hour ago, Paul P said:

See how it goes.  Standing offer to plug in the diags and see if anything is logged.  You aren’t that far away from me and happy to help if I can.  

Much appreciated Paul 👍