Wiper blades

bandit_287

Can anybody recommend some decent wiper blades, I’ve used Bosch Aerotwin for years but recently the quality is not a patch on what they used to be, they used to be very quiet and last for at least a year but now I’m finding they need replacing after a few months as they become noisy. I’ve heard good things about PIAA silicone blades?

Used both Bosch and OEM. Very similar results. Worked well. Had both for 18 months.  Different cars.  Both lasted that time.  

heard good things about the Pisa as well. 

for 30 quid ish a set I am ok with changing them every 6 months if it come to it but recently I have found a clean of bith wiper and screen seems to bring them back to life. 

I think I’ll try the PIAA, I’ve heard very positive reviews about them, they’re not cheap but worth a punt as noisy wiper blades are very annoying. The quality of Bosch blades have really deteriorated over the past few years in my opinion, I’ve used them for probably 20 plus years and they were excellent and lasted ages but as of late I’ve found they only last a few months before losing their efficiency. 

Wish I'd seen this a couple of weeks ago as just replaced the wipers with Bosch Aerotwin. Not been out in the rain, yet, so no idea what they are like. Think they replaced Porsche blades as couldn't see any branding on the old ones but there is a very clear Bosch logo on the new ones. Hadn't touched the old blades in the 2.5 years I've had the car but with the OPC commenting that they were a bit smeary at the last service back in November and the MOT coming up, thought I should replace.

Only £20 from Amazon so not a biggie if they end up being no good

22 hours ago, bandit_287 said:

That link leads to a page that includes a form where you select your make and model to check compatibility.  For 981 Boxster S, it said "not compatible".  Checking the PIAA web site seems to give the same result - the only Boxsters in the model dropdown are 986 and 987.

They can be pretty arsey but it depends on the dealer. Given I’ve claimed over £20k in warranty work so far I was ‘happy’ to go with Porsche blades rather than p*ss them off with Bosch….. (for the sake of £40)