Full red extended leather including steering wheel.

JurassicBGTS

My interior is the same as Stuart's.  I spent ages looking for 'the spec' and when I found it, definitely wasn't sure about the full red leather interior.

Now though I love it, such a nice place to be.  I have the red steering wheel, the black one just looks wrong.

7 minutes ago, JurassicGTS said:

And just as I decided I actually like the red interior, it's gone.

Not a fan of the red interior, but I could have lived with that.

But I could not tolerate all the colour coded white exterior bits, which ruins the GTS exclusive looks vs an S.

Too expensive as well...although someone bought it at that price!

2 minutes ago, RBD914 v2 said:

Not a fan of the red interior, but I could have lived with that.

But I could not tolerate all the colour coded white exterior bits, which ruins the GTS exclusive looks vs an S.

Too expensive as well...although someone bought it at that price!

No this relates to a GT Silver S I was going to arrange to view, not the GTS in Perth that another poster mentioned.

I also had the full red interior on my 987.2 S - Its what drew me to it in the first place.

Especially against the metallic black paintwork, in a sea of boring black interiors it was nice to see something different. As others have said it never photographs the colour very well, mine was a lot deeper in reality than it showed in the photos i took. I had black floor mats and that broke it up a bit more - i had considered a black wheel but seeing another one it looked a bit odd.

I can also say the red helped sell the car - it got a lot of interest and the guy that bought it, bought it because of the red, same as me!

Each to their own at the end of the day, but i find all black interiors just suck out all the detail and can be quite gloomy, its nice to have some coloured interiors - I'd even seriuously considered nephrite green on a 996 - and that is a challenge! :)

10 hours ago, JurassicGTS said:

And just as I decided I actually like the red interior, it's gone.

You snooze, you lose... (sorry, that's not helping, is it.....?) 

When I was looking for my Cayman, I had my heart set on a lovely blue one that I'd seen, low mileage and with every conceivable extra.  I watched it for a few weeks while I was waiting for the inheritance  from my late father to be sorted.  The car sold on the same day as I received the money.  So yes, I snoozed, and I losed as well...  I'm chuffed to bits with the car I ended up buying instead, even though it has a lot less toys to play with.  I just keep telling myself this one is "driver focussed", which sounds better than "poverty spec" :lol:

Edited by Davey P
spelling mistake
  • Haha 1

On 9/8/2021 at 10:17 PM, JurassicGTS said:

Damm! I really like picture 3.

Now what would it look like with black overmats?🤔🤔🤣🤣

Google can show you that 🤣

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1ONGR_en-GBGB942GB942&sxsrf=AOaemvLXDcmT4yVrKmk_qFsGvmnhhRcNxQ:1631224455023&source=univ&tbm=isch&q=porsche+981+red+and+black+interior&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiRscLR8PLyAhVIiFwKHRkhBJYQjJkEegQIFRAC&biw=2153&bih=1283

IMHO Red/Red and more Red....honestly mines a daily driver, its no issue

Bought our BGTS on a bit of a whim 4 years ago now and I would not have said that I'd have opted for a black (well its Sapphire Black technically) car out of choice.

First sight of the car with the GTS interior's carbon/alcantara/leather & 911 Turbo alloys just looked right so that was that.

What I'm trying to say is that no matter what your preconceptions are for this type of car, you will have an initial reaction to every car on first sight that you probably should trust.

Seems a seller's market too so as said above, you gotta move quickly.

4 hours ago, Mattman42 said:

No, it was a private one owner sale, photo in  an earlier post. Much better spec and wheels IMHO.

It's just popped up again at a garage nearer to me but at £4k more. Over £40k for a 2013 car, even with one owner and full spec, can I really justify that😳

8 hours ago, GTSMarky said:

Bought our BGTS on a bit of a whim 4 years ago now and I would not have said that I'd have opted for a black (well its Sapphire Black technically) car out of choice.

First sight of the car with the GTS interior's carbon/alcantara/leather & 911 Turbo alloys just looked right so that was that.

What I'm trying to say is that no matter what your preconceptions are for this type of car, you will have an initial reaction to every car on first sight that you probably should trust.

Seems a seller's market too so as said above, you gotta move quickly.

The GTS interior is very special. I just love my Macan GTS, sitting in it is just pure😍. I can't see the point in having a GTS and speccing non Alcantara, must my opinion.

The full black leather in the Boxster seems a bit dull, but full red a bit much. I do like my F-Type balance which just has red sports seats and black elsewhere.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Driyage said:

I do have a black air bag ( removed mine when upgrading the steering wheel) 

I have to say… I do like the red!! 

Thanks @Driyage. On seeing the colour in real life, I really like it and will be keeping it as per original spec.

Edited by JurassicGTS
  • Like 1