Buying things you don't really need!

daz05

Another great video Daz, I really like the Spyder rear lights and had never noticed they were tinted before.

Im still researching and pricing up a Spyder spoiler but I have sorted out a paint shop. I had already decided not to move the badges already I may remove the Boxster S bit.

Your car is looking great and keep up the good work 👍

I had no idea the GT4/Spyder rear lights were unique, but makes sense now you've pointed it out with the wing profile.

Agreed the 981 rear view mirror is a bit 'industrial' so a good mod.  I've parking sensors front and rear & agree that without them it could be tricky so a sensible mod I'd say.

I really must bring my BGTS up and leave it with you for a week to fettle away with Daz!

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, GTSMarky said:

I had no idea the GT4/Spyder rear lights were unique, but makes sense now you've pointed it out with the wing profile.

Agreed the 981 rear view mirror is a bit 'industrial' so a good mod.  I've parking sensors front and rear & agree that without them it could be tricky so a sensible mod I'd say.

I really must bring my BGTS up and leave it with you for a week to fettle away with Daz!

They are quite dark so adds some aggression to the rear. 

Feel free just don't look too closely at the mileage when you collect it 😂.

• Like 1

Daz - always enjoy your vids - thanks. I’m also a recent addict of ‘impulse buying’, but you seem to have taken it to a new level……😳

Edited by noggieboxa

2 hours ago, noggieboxa said:

Daz - always enjoy your vids - thanks. I’m also a recent addict of ‘impulse buying’, but you seem to have taken it to a new level……😳

Yes but now I have an excuse when the other half challenges me. 

2 hours ago, Angelus666 said:

Great video Daz. On the PCM upgrade, do you know what the current cost of buying the two different units and what are the expected cost to have it fitted at a car audio place? Thanks, Nathan

Hi Nathan, I think Joyeauto is around £260 delivered I'm not sure on the NMA option but it's quite a bit more. A car audio place may charge up to 2-4hrs labour depending on their competence, experience and attention to detail I guess. 

I would recommend you find one that has some experience with the 981/991 interior design as they are more likely to perform the install efficiently, to a high standard without breaking your interior clips. 

If you can't find anyone with experience, perhaps it would be best to agree a fixed price just in case 👍

Nice one! Really do like the GT4 lights!

Did you add a separate power source for the front cam? I need to keep turning mine on from Joyeauto every time …

also there’s a new pcm unit that does away with the separate box that the joyeauto has: by isudar (search on ali express) 

it seems to get good reviews on the USA side…

Great vid again @daz05

Since ownership (July 20) I’ve had retro fitted Sports Exhaust and X73. Also fitted myself GTS rear lights, Red seat belts and reupholstered steering wheel with red centre and stitching (Royal). 
I'm now thinking of the Spyder rear spoiler and GT side air scoops with the GT filled in obviously. Just wondering if I should. Must admit spending money on this car is addictive 😂😂😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Driyage said:

Nice one! Really do like the GT4 lights!

Did you add a separate power source for the front cam? I need to keep turning mine on from Joyeauto every time …

also there’s a new pcm unit that does away with the separate box that the joyeauto has: by isudar (search on ali express) 

it seems to get good reviews on the USA side…

No regrets on the lights they compliment the colour quite well.

I've only tested the front cam but both cams are connected to the 12v spare wire from the joyeauto to power it. I soldered two separate connectors to that wire so the cameras are plug n play.

The front cam turns on immediately after you come out of reverse but it only stays on for about 10 seconds. Is there a way to manually turn it on?

On the new design, looks quite interesting and certainly an easier install but maybe quite a lot of heat within the PCM. Would be nice to test one. The box is also useful for integrating the cameras does this allow for that?

1 hour ago, Ringmaster999 said:

Great vid again @daz05

Since ownership (July 20) I’ve had retro fitted Sports Exhaust and X73. Also fitted myself GTS rear lights, Red seat belts and reupholstered steering wheel with red centre and stitching (Royal). 
I'm now thinking of the Spyder rear spoiler and GT side air scoops with the GT filled in obviously. Just wondering if I should. Must admit spending money on this car is addictive 😂😂😂

Sounds very nice and x73 is a real enabler, the aggressive look you get from the ride height allows the opportunity to add more bits to the body, it's a viscous circle. 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, daz05 said:

On the new design, looks quite interesting and certainly an easier install but maybe quite a lot of heat within the PCM. Would be nice to test one. The box is also useful for integrating the cameras does this allow for that?

It would appear so, also uses the built in mic too.  There's a good write up here.  #12 in teh thread goes through the options including cameras
Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Simo_UK said:

It would appear so, also uses the built in mic too.  There's a good write up here.  #12 in teh thread goes through the options including cameras
Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Hmmm then I need to get my hands on one. I have several guinea pigs locally that are willing to leave their GT cars with me. Brave guinea pigs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/21/2021 at 11:26 AM, Simo_UK said:

There's a UK guy on the thread looking to install in his 981 GT4, looking fwd to his feedback

Have to say I am tempted to get one and install… but house work is taking priority 🙄

@daz05 I keep having to turn on the Front cam from the Joyeauto setup menu as it keeps un-ticking itself after ign off. I’ve done the same as you splitting the 12v wire from joyeauto 

2 hours ago, Driyage said:

Have to say I am tempted to get one and install… but house work is taking priority 🙄

@daz05 I keep having to turn on the Front cam from the Joyeauto setup menu as it keeps un-ticking itself after ign off. I’ve done the same as you splitting the 12v wire from joyeauto 

We should compare your software no. as I don't have that issue. Maybe worth an update.

I wish there was a button to turn that on at your leisure. There must be a way, be nice to mod one of the centre console blanks to enable the camera.