Buying things you don't really need!

daz05

On 9/23/2021 at 4:30 PM, daz05 said:

We should compare your software no. as I don't have that issue. Maybe worth an update.

I wish there was a button to turn that on at your leisure. There must be a way, be nice to mod one of the centre console blanks to enable the camera. 

Yep definitely, need to check when I pick up the car next time… who know when that would be due to fuel …

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/21/2021 at 7:16 AM, Driyage said:

Nice one! Really do like the GT4 lights!

Did you add a separate power source for the front cam? I need to keep turning mine on from Joyeauto every time …

also there’s a new pcm unit that does away with the separate box that the joyeauto has: by isudar (search on ali express) 

it seems to get good reviews on the USA side…

@Withy re your pm this is the unit I was talking about mate. Isudar and apparently it's quite good but I have no direct experience.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2021 at 11:26 AM, MickH said:

Love the new lights.  I reckon that centre brake light needs tinted now too though 😈

I have some tint spray if you want to try a DIY approach

Good idea and the reversing light I think while we are at it.

46 minutes ago, daz05 said:

@Withy re your pm this is the unit I was talking about mate. Isudar and apparently it's quite good but I have no direct experience.

Ordered !  https://www.isudar.com/collections/wireless-carplay-box-for-porsche/products/carlinkit-wireless-apple-carplay-model-for-for-porsche-panamera-cayenne-macan-cayman-boxster-911-718-pcm-3-1?variant=39428865294418  When it arrives will post what my thoughts are and compare to joyeauto

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Withy said:

Nice one Withy. Does seem like a much easier install. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Withy said:

Oooooo keep us posted as I'm looking for options myself, but don't want the additional box of the joyeauto.

Great to have someone who's already had the joyeauto so can give a comparison 👍🏻

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...