Establishing OPC warranty

JurassicBGTS

I hadn't realised the car had a new set of pads and discs only 800 miles/14 months ago, fitted by an indi, but supplied by OPC Reading. Good for me, but hopefully this won't be an issue as it won't be on Porsche workshop service records.

I have a call into my OPC next week, they have just moved premises and been uncontactable for a couple of weeks😡

The car just seems so unbelievably good, really wondering whether to go Indi and risk no warranty🤔

15 minutes ago, JurassicGTS said:

The car just seems so unbelievably good, really wondering whether to go Indi and risk no warranty

If you do go independent route we all like Marque 21 in Bridport but heard on Wednesday there's also a new one in Blandford, run by 2 former Porsche techies.

13 hours ago, red rocket said:

If you do go independent route we all like Marque 21 in Bridport but heard on Wednesday there's also a new one in Blandford, run by 2 former Porsche techies.

Thanks Bridport is very close for me. I will pop down and chat with them.

I guess PDK failure is the real risk here. However given the millions of Porsche PDK cars out there, is the one that keeps getting highlighted on here a rare issue or more common. Always the problem with car forums as people tend to post about issues rather than all the good things and perfect functioning cars we have, although not so much the case on this forum obviously😜

Porsche are generally very reliable cars and I had a couple of issues with my previous 987.2 but there doesn’t appear to be many niggles with the 981. I wasn’t going to bother putting a Porsche warranty on my car as I have a warranty with WMS that still runs for another year however when the PDK was diagnosed with a leak at the beginning of the year WMS wouldn’t help as their policy doesn’t cover oil leaks. Luckily Porsche eventually played ball and replaced the PDK under goodwill with a nominal fee from me(I had to fight for it) I’ve now just put the two year warranty on it for peace of mind because I don’t want to have to go through that again if I get another big failure. It was £1200 for the two year warranty, £212 for the inspection. With regard to PDK failures there’s been quite a few, I know of a Cayenne or Macan from this forum that was replaced as well as a poor bloke that had his fail a month or so ago not under warranty, both from this forum so including mine that’s three in the past couple of years however the chances of yours failing are pretty slim. 

• 5 months later...

Well finally got mine into Bournemouth and they did the 111 point check after carrying out the recall for the rear hubs.

Great news, it passed with flying colours apart from the battery and....the little plastic strap that holds the fuel cap on🙄🙄. Didn't pick up on the Bosch wiper blades😁

3 years warranty going on when I collect her tomorrow and then onto fitting my Zunsport grills.

2 minutes ago, Skin said:

Mine went last month to Norwich Porsche they didn’t even mention zunsports 🤷‍♂️

I just wasn't prepared to take the risk of it being brought up during the 111 check and just delayed fitting them. They will stay on now.

• Like 1