Boxster 718 4.0 PDK GTS

martyn

The demo turned up yesterday afternoon (standard -20mm spec) it did scape the mud-flap a bit on the way out and that was exiting at an angle, so it looks like the decision on the PASM has been made for me.

The Porsche guy did tell me they have a shark blue one in the showroom right now, no idea what the spec is but I'll have a look and see if I can get some info and photos tomorrow when I'm finalising my order. So if anyone is happy with Shark Blue and a ferry ride to Belfast you could have the car straight away!

The demo was GT silver with silver grey stitching/seat belts and seemed to be pretty well spec'd. Regardless of the scraping (it is only the mud-flap) I did try and talk him into to selling it to me but he was having none of it. He reckons I'll get my order through before they release the demo for sale.

1 hour ago, TheUnderfiend said:

Can’t believe they actually have an allocation to have one in the showroom unsold!   Looks like a GTS interior.
I popped into my local dealer, they had a Carrera in Shark Blue which looked great.  Still having my head turned a bit by the lush deep Gentian.  Knowing how my 981 collects dust, not sure how long it will stay deep and shiny though.

As an aside I do know the Shark Blue was supposed to have been the demo.  I'm thinking someone cancelled an order; but someone already had an interest in the blue and the dealership have done a swap, hence it being it now being in the showroom.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if it's already sold by the time I get there tomorrow.

Edited by TheUnderfiend

9 hours ago, TheUnderfiend said:

As an aside I do know the Shark Blue was supposed to have been the demo.  I'm thinking someone cancelled an order; but someone already had an interest in the blue and the dealership have done a swap, hence it being it now being in the showroom.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if it's already sold by the time I get there tomorrow.

It's not listed on their website.

I am also going for shark blue but I am going manual, buckets and PCCBs so I very much doubt that car would suit even if it is still for sale.

13 minutes ago, TheUnderfiend said:

oops, my mistake £1310

Good question!   I was just thinking about this yesterday when considering my long lead time so checked the T&C’s on the order

7. NEW GOODS / USED GOODS
a. Where the Goods to be supplied by the Seller are new, then the
following conditions shall apply

ii. if before delivery of the Goods the Manufacturer/Concessionaire's recommended retail price for the Goods shall be increased the Seller shall give notice of the increase to the Purchaser whereupon the Purchaser shall be entitled by notice in writing to the Seller to cancel the contract within 21 days of the date of the Notice. Upon such cancellation any deposit paid by the Purchaser shall be returned and the Seller shall be under no further liability to the Purchaser. If no notice is received within such period then the Purchaser shall be bound to purchase the Goods at the increased price;

so simply put they can increase the price and it’s tough!

1 hour ago, daviddurham said:

so simply put they can increase the price and it’s tough!

Thanks for digging that out, I appreciate it.

I did ask the question specifically when putting down my deposit, all they said at the time was 'you'll be notified of any price increases', which I assumed at the time was code for 'Hell yeah, the price will go up before you take delivery, duh'! 

Edited by TheUnderfiend

The Shark Blue is still on display at Belfast @ £84K, apparently someone has 'bought' it, but it isn't marked up as such. I can only assume whoever it is hasn't handed over the cash as yet.

Edited by TheUnderfiend

13 hours ago, TheUnderfiend said:

I logged on to my configurator this morning and the base price has just gone up by £1260! I guess I'm living in a fantasy world by thinking that those of us who have already put down a deposit will have the original price honoured?

Any change in what’s includes as standard? Or just a p,ain amid simple price rise…

On 11/15/2021 at 2:49 PM, TheUnderfiend said:

I logged on to my configurator this morning and the base price has just gone up by £1260! I guess I'm living in a fantasy world by thinking that those of us who have already put down a deposit will have the original price honoured?

The Macan forums are all over this too, apparently some OPC SE’s state they will honour the original price from when deposit was paid, others states only when it was locked in before the hike.

1 hour ago, r1flyguy said:

The Macan forums are all over this too, apparently some OPC SE’s state they will honour the original price from when deposit was paid, others states only when it was locked in before the hike.

I was told anyone who doesn't already have an order in progress will be subjected to this latest price rise. It seems their policy is (on this increase at least) if you have a confirmed spec/order in the works you'll get it at the price at the time.....even if you don't have a build date. If not, even if you've paid the deposit, you'll be subject to any price increases.

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, TheUnderfiend said:

I've just picked up an email from my dealer, car being built this month for delivery in March! 😁

Wow that’s great news!  Now the real excitement begins rather than the fear of being let down with no end in sight.

What did you finally settle for as spec? 

On 2/1/2022 at 6:21 PM, daviddurham said:

Wow that’s great news!  Now the real excitement begins rather than the fear of being let down with no end in sight.

What did you finally settle for as spec? 

I know, I was so giddy with excitement I was almost sick! 😊

I went for the full wasp, racing yellow with black gloss accents. I went with the good advice I got here and added a few yellow highlights in the cabin.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNUFHTD2

Next job, clear out and re-arrange the garage, what fun!😏

2 minutes ago, TheUnderfiend said:

This wasn't quite the final version but close enough. I did add a few other bits and pieces while I was at the dealership finalising the spec (because you always do, don'tcha).

9 minutes ago, TheUnderfiend said:

I know, I was so giddy with excitement I was almost sick! 😊

I went for the full wasp, racing yellow with black gloss accents. I went with the good advice I got here and added a few yellow highlights in the cabin.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNUFHTD2

Next job, clear out and re-arrange the garage, what fun!😏

Very exciting, looks great!!

• 2 weeks later...

So I’ve joined the waiting room club for a 4.0 GTS - managed to pick up a cancelled build slot with car available early Q1, expectation was end Q3 talking with another dealership earlier in week.

Going to be a long wait but It will be worth it.

• 2 weeks later...