Stereo upgrade 987 spyder

Doddler

• 5 months later...
58 minutes ago, MickH said:

I had a 230dab pioneer just fall apart on me.

Sounds dramatic.  From my childhood they were a very trusted brand.  Quality not what it used to be - no warranty support?  I thought several people here had those or their predecessors (was it the 120?), didn't hear of problems.

29 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Sounds dramatic.  From my childhood they were a very trusted brand.  Quality not what it used to be - no warranty support?  I thought several people here had those or their predecessors (was it the 120?), didn't hear of problems.

I think Im just unlucky. Just out of warranty and the face fell off damaging the touchscreen.  Still not sure how it happened my car is low and stiff, but not that stiff 😂.  A replacement touchscreen is nearly £90. So thought its better to move on. 

Don’t they do a joyauto Apple CarPlay kit for 987.2? That would be ideal as you would keep the factory look but get the more modern features.

Ive recently fitted a Pioneer da160 in my van and to be far it does seem pretty good but you would need to run the Apple lead into the armrest to tidy it up👍