My Porsche - Car Optional Equipment

Rooose

Not sure this is of any use or applies to any other models but I have been onto the My Porsche section of the Porsche website and have noticed they now list all of the optional equipment that came with the car in the 'All technical data' section.

Maybe this has always been there but I had never noticed it.

Anyway, if you need a quick and easy way to check your cars original spec, it should be there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, bbob1 said:

Well spotted. I had never noticed this before either.

Me neither! I just assumed that section was for the newer "connected" cars.

Apparently, my car came with Power Steering Plus, which I don't remember being mentioned when I bought it secondhand nearly 3 years ago. Also confirms that things that could have been retrofitted (mesh wind deflector, cruise and SportDesign steering wheel) were there from the start.

I think a lot depends on how good the local OPC is with regards updating your spec. Or at least it appears that way when I look at mine. For example the second owner who bought the car from Edinburgh Porsche when it was a year old had Cruise retro fitted by them just after purchase. It now shows on the spec even though it was not specked from new.

I am now the third owner and in the last year have had retro fitted at my local OPC PSE and X73 neither of which show on the My Porsche Spec. So strange that the Cruise that was retro fitted after build does. 

I'm guessing this works with all Porsches not just newer ones as I've uploaded all my 986 details.  Going to put @T911UK's service out of business if everyone catches on, which will harm income to BoXa.net....

On 10/1/2021 at 10:20 AM, Rooose said:

Not sure this is of any use or applies to any other models but I have been onto the My Porsche section of the Porsche website and have noticed they now list all of the optional equipment that came with the car in the 'All technical data' section.

Maybe this has always been there but I had never noticed it.

Anyway, if you need a quick and easy way to check your cars original spec, it should be there.

Thanks for that, just uploaded my details and awaiting verification!

On 10/3/2021 at 5:10 PM, 987RG said:

Thanks for that, just uploaded my details and awaiting verification!

Tried this a year ago, never got acknowledged.  Submitted again last week - not holding my breath .  Maybe they are not interested in members with 11 year base boxsters

Just got mine back, 2 days.  Confirms I have a poverty spec 986 S  i.e. no factory options. 

BTW it does not give the full factory build list, however this you can get from @T911UK for a small fee to BoXa.net.

1 hour ago, ½cwt said:

Just got mine back, 2 days.  Confirms I have a poverty spec 986 S  i.e. no factory options. 

BTW it does not give the full factory build list, however this you can get from @T911UK for a small fee to BoXa.net.

Just got mine back as well - mine is comparable to T911Uk's data as far as options goes - not knocking what we pay or what we get, but this is a nice added thing I think.