Bonnet /Boot switch on 981

woodysnr

The bonnet /boot release switch is not working for the bonnet.. boot works ok and can open both with key fob.. Can buy a new Porsche one for £73 but they want £100 to fit it ,been told no tools required and a 5min job ,anyone done this or know how to remove old one . 

Thanks ..it is solid tried a CC to see if that would work ..i can see from the replacement pics  that there are 4 clips holding it in position so will need to be lifted out straight  as opposed  to from one end or am I wrong ,what pry tool are you referring to .Watched your vid on washer replacement as that is the next on the list,  they are £27 from OPC . 

4 hours ago, woodysnr said:

Thanks ..it is solid tried a CC to see if that would work ..i can see from the replacement pics  that there are 4 clips holding it in position so will need to be lifted out straight  as opposed  to from one end or am I wrong ,what pry tool are you referring to .Watched your vid on washer replacement as that is the next on the list,  they are £27 from OPC . 

Just any plastic pry tool, try Amazon or use an old credit card to slide in where the clips are and pull up.

Nice one, you need to pop along to VW or Audi and buy the washer replacements from them the Porsche ones are no use even new.

Following on it turns out you do not use a pry tool or CC to remove switch from sill cover you remove the sill plastic cover first like you do in the 987 vids going around but the 981 has to screws to remove just pries off ,once off remove switch from within the cover as there are 4 clips it is held in place with and you would never be able to do so  without  taking sill off first . thanks for all the help given maybe i was getting confused as to the order this was done in but makes sense now to me .

• Like 1