Drivers side door handle

Steve-986

When I pull the handle it does not actuate the latch.

The full story is over lock down I stupidly let the battery go flat, so had to unlock with the key. after a few aborted attempts to open the front boot I finally got the correct procedure to jump the connections to activate the boot switch from the Bentley manual but when I unlocked the door and pulled the handle something snapped. So I could no longer open the door at all. I have bought a new piece of glass but before having a smashing time I wanted to get what ever I need to fix the handle. I have been offered a secondhand handle from a helpful soul on here.

9 minutes ago, Steve-986 said:

I am wondering if it could be part 12 on the attached pic.

986_2004_8_04_804-20.jpg

That's the diagram from the 2nd link I sent.

Part is shown as 

connecting piece

£3.50

If it is that it will probably be cheaper from an OPC and OPCs will post smaller parts.

I think I am going to have to  break in and investigate what I need to fix the problem. I am presuming if I open the passenger door from the inside it will stay unlocked due to the flat battery? if so I will break the glass, remove the door card, find the broken part, replace the glass and then order up the needed parts.

4 hours ago, Boxstclever said:

What am I missing? Why cant you gain access from the passenger side?  Is your remote not working?

I have a flat battery and the front boot release is the electric rather than the cable operated version.

And the mythical release cable is nowhere to be found.

8 minutes ago, Steve-986 said:

I have a flat battery and the front boot release is the electric rather than the cable operated version.

And the mythical release cable is nowhere to be found.

Just to cover the bases where have you hunted for the release cable so far ? 

1 hour ago, Steve-986 said:

Under both inner arches at the front as best I can without removing the wheels. Locking wheel nut adapter in the front boot with the spare wheel. 🥺

Some owners have rerouted the pull cable in so it can be accessed from the towing eye hole or a front grille, so expand the search before breaking anything.

FWIW I keep my locking wheel nut in the driver's door pocket, but that wouldn't help either in this situation...

3 hours ago, Steve-986 said:

Guess where i will be keeping my locking wheel nut from now on. 😉

I'm guessing not in the tool roll in the front? 🤔

Have you managed to find the release cable yet? 

There are generic locking wheel bolt/nut removal tools (sockets).  With the front wheels removed there's a better chance of locating the emergency release cable which is usually high up in the wing near the back of the lights.

By breaking the glass what do you hope to achieve?