Favour to ask, Boxster 987.2 Frunk & Boot Dimensions

hopz121

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone could help me with the following please.

What are the dimensions of the frunk and boot in a 987.2 Boxster please. (Mainly interested in Frunk) 

I don’t have access to ours currently and I am going away in it next Friday and the we are trying to work out the best way to pack and what luggage bags we can take, never used it for more than a weekend trip before so usually just take soft bags. For a week though I was hoping to take two small hand luggage cases and soft bags too :) 

Many Thanks 

Ash

9 minutes ago, Navman123 said:

I think for the rear try this

https://rennlist.com/forums/987-forum/590464-trunk-dimensions.html

or you could just get tow bar on the back, like in the link 🙂

Haha defiantly won’t be fitting a tow bar, the wife will have to pack less haha

Thanks for the link

On 10/15/2021 at 1:21 PM, Radish said:

You can fit 2 overhead locker type bags (22x16x7.5) in the frunk of a 987.2 and there's still room for a soft bag on top of them depending, of course, on its shape.

Thanks for that, the suitcases we are planning on taking are 22"x16"x8.5" so hopefully they will be ok :)

@hopz121Yep I can confirm the above as I have two cases of a very similar size I put in the front, with some room on top at the bulkhead. In the boot I use a  large case 

at 26" x 18" x 10" (66cm x 46cm x 26cm) that just fits. The depth is ten inches and its snug and ok provided its not bulging. There is space at either end left and right for odds and ends like a camera bag, shoe bags, what have you. Have a great trip.

Edited by Topbox
cfa
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Topbox said:

@hopz121Yep I can confirm the above as I have two cases of a very similar size I put in the front, with some room on top at the bulkhead. In the boot I use a  large case 

at 26" x 18" x 10" (66cm x 46cm x 26cm) that just fits. The depth is ten inches and its snug and ok provided its not bulging. There is space at either end left and right for odds and ends like a camera bag, shoe bags, what have you. Have a great trip.

Thanks for that, ill be sure to let you guys know how i get on :)

Ill try and get some epic pictures of the car in the beautiful Scottish highlands too 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hopz121 said:

Thanks for that, ill be sure to let you guys know how i get on :)

Ill try and get some epic pictures of the car in the beautiful Scottish highlands too 

Indeed, dont forget the BoXa calendar, entries to be submitted by early November 👍

13 hours ago, Topbox said:

Indeed, dont forget the BoXa calendar, entries to be submitted by early November 👍

I am taking my camera with me so will try get some good shots, the car will be filthy by the time I get up there mind you and i refuse to take it to the local scratch wash or similar haha 

38 minutes ago, hopz121 said:

I am taking my camera with me so will try get some good shots, the car will be filthy by the time I get up there mind you and i refuse to take it to the local scratch wash or similar haha 

bPewvwX.jpg

Some members here always have a collapsible bucket stashed ready for action should and dust or dirt touch their cars . . .this was the post arrival wash scene ( you know who you are) at the @fat haggis (hope you're well Sam) grand tour of Scotland a couple of years back . . . a few others here don't like local grit, grind and swirl boys either 👍