New stainless Steel Exhaust System

ANL

Numerous after market systems available, prices vary.

Cheapest & most often fitted would appear to be the Top Gear valved exhaust (most seem to consider the non-valved just too noisy day-to-day) @ about £1000 last I looked. It's a Chinese manufactured system so you'll see the same thing from a number of suppliers around the same price mark.

Otherwise there's Dansk, Remus, Fabspeed & various others that will likley start about £1500. 

35 minutes ago, cptspaulding said:

Numerous after market systems available, prices vary.

Cheapest & most often fitted would appear to be the Top Gear valved exhaust (most seem to consider the non-valved just too noisy day-to-day) @ about £1000 last I looked. It's a Chinese manufactured system so you'll see the same thing from a number of suppliers around the same price mark.

Otherwise there's Dansk, Remus, Fabspeed & various others that will likley start about £1500. 

Or an OE box with the two U bend pipes and two connectors is about £1500 if you ask really nicely and/or beat up the parts department at your local Porsche Centre. I was surprised at this as I've recently costed and new system for mine and I only asked them for my entertainment having hear horrific storied of 996 prices for the exhaust silencers.  That said I have built up a fairly good relationship with the part manager who apparently is a sucker for a 986 rather than the more flash more expensive Porsche metal.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ANL said:

I need to replace the exhaust system on my 99 2.5.  I'm after a standard system . Anyone any ideas where to buy and what price to pay ?

How much of the system? If you're just looking to replace the back box and maybe the cat pipes, there's usually a few for sale through breakers or ebay, just make sure the seams are ok. I would get them from a breakers as you normally get better ones, and they will replace if you find a fault.

Think Topgear only do valved ones for the 987 but could be wrong.