Roof switch button missing

DeRo

102410714_roofswitches6.jpg.1798ca937c6e8581bd7d11d3218cc601.jpg

The raise roof button has popped out and disappeared from my switch.  I didn't see it make its bid for freedom so no idea which direction it went.  Switch still functions.

Spent 30 unsuccessful minutes looking for it with a torch with seats moved through all position and I'm fairly certain it's not in the car.  But still thinking I should remove the seats to be more sure.  Looks fairly straightforward to do, anything I should know from anyone who has done it?

Alternatively, anyone had the same problem and found a sensible cost replacement...?

Thanks

Well I’ve never seen that before.   I hope you don’t have to buy the whole centre console switch. This switch comes as programmable and has to be configured to your car (I.e whether you have PASM, Chrono, PSE)  and is over £150 before the programming cost.

Note I have a console switch you could possibly bastardise which I could sell you somewhat cheaper. But hopefully there are some actual button options available, but given it’s not supposed to come off this option may not be available.

Edited by Greenman

Thanks so far guys.  Christopher2110, likewise I'd be surprised if it's not in the car but if it is it's winning at hide and seek so far.  The only way I can think it's got out is if it landed on me and then came out with me when i got out, but even that seems unlikely...  I'll have to get the seats out I think.

Thanks for that link iborguk, hadn't seen that.  An expensive solution to a missing £0.25 piece of plastic though 😄

Didn't expect it to be programmable Greenman although not surprised.  However may not be need programming as I don't have any options fitted that operate from the console..?   If it is I could maybe just extract the piece that's lost and insert/attach.  (will dm you re your console switch if it's not found when I get the seats out - thanks for the offer)

Maybe I could laser print one.  Not that I have a laser printer 😄

I haven't actually checked with Porsche to see if it's available separately, I will do but I'm not hopeful.

Yeh just looking at my spare console switch it doesn’t look like that switch is designed to remove, it’s a pretty snug fit in its surrounding. I guess if it’s missing at least you could see how the tabs/connectors work, if it is going to come out it looks like it would need some very thin shims to get between switch and surroundings.

• 1 month later...

Didn't find it after further searching. 

Couldn't leave it without the button.  Bought a complete unit from the bay for £50 plus postage.  Rather than try and pry the button out and risk breaking it, decided to swap the unit out - which was straightforward and took about 30 mins.

Anticipated it may need programming as Greenman suggested above, plus there's a sticker on bottom of replacement with numbers next to SW and HW prefixes.  And a 2013 date, car is 2014.  However, all working so no coding/programming required 🙂.  (only have standard 4 functions though - Sport, ASR, Spoiler & Auto Stop/Start.  Plus roof switches of course.)

Outside of running costs that's my only expenditure in the 3,500 miles of my first year of ownership.  Happy with that!

20 minutes ago, DeRo said:

Didn't find it after further searching. 

Couldn't leave it without the button.  Bought a complete unit from the bay for £50 plus postage.  Rather than try and pry the button out and risk breaking it, decided to swap the unit out - which was straightforward and took about 30 mins.

Anticipated it may need programming as Greenman suggested above, plus there's a sticker on bottom of replacement with numbers next to SW and HW prefixes.  And a 2013 date, car is 2014.  However, all working so no coding/programming required 🙂.  (only have standard 4 functions though - Sport, ASR, Spoiler & Auto Stop/Start.  Plus roof switches of course.)

Outside of running costs that's my only expenditure in the 3,500 miles of my first year of ownership.  Happy with that!

Good outcome for £50 (in the scheme of all things Porsche)