Wheel poll ?

Boxsum

Wheel Poll?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which wheel is bext on a 986?

Well I had the original 17" Turbo Twists, but upgraded to 18" 'GT3 look-a-likes' in 996 size so covered off not needing spacers and longer bolts to achieve the effect with the different offsets.  Might tell you which I prefer.

LRh2OIa.jpg 

oKFBKyl.jpg 

• Like 1

Both look great - have (until recently) had both and preferred the Sport Design on my own, silver, 986.

Think the car’s body colour can influence which wheel design looks better on a given car.

What colour 986 are they going on?

1 hour ago, map said:

Both look great - have (until recently) had both and preferred the Sport Design on my own, silver, 986.

Think the car’s body colour can influence which wheel design looks better on a given car.

What colour 986 are they going on?

Arctic Silver. 
Possibly have the option to change from my Sport Designs to the Turbos instead of refurbing but not sure if I should 

53 minutes ago, Boxsum said:

Arctic Silver. 
Possibly have the option to change from my Sport Designs to the Turbos instead of refurbing but not sure if I should 

Have both? 🤔  Summer tyres on one set, winter/all seasons on the other maybe the slightly scabby set.  Its what I'm contemplating.  Best of both worlds.

neither😉

Carreras if you like big easy-clean wheels and showing off your red calipers:)

DSC1187.jpg

If not then Turbo IIs. They don't have the ring- rebate of Turbos and so look larger for the size which suits the wheel arches of a boxster.

You can get a set for £400 you know;)

DSC1182.jpg

Sport designs are great but i think colour sensitive, black or puirple being good examples.

PJJ8421.jpg

Edited by archemist
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, GmanB said:

Christ o'riley! The bext wheel is the Carrera of course. 

6 minutes ago, Christopher2110 said:

If it was me though Carreras like @archemist 

53 minutes ago, archemist said:

neither😉

Carreras if you like big easy-clean wheels and showing off your red calipers:)

Not sure why they need to be red ;) 

mmz4XIk.jpg 

• Like 1

993 turbo twists all the way. They really suit the smooth lines of the 986 and 996, more so than the 993 which looks better on Cup 1 alloys in my opinion.

I really also like the 17" Boster S alloys that were on ½cwt's car before he swapped over to the GT3s (which are also fabulous, but look like they're worth more than a Boxster).

Sport design wheels look best on a 996.2 GT3. I don't deny they can look pretty smart on a Boxster in the right colour, but I wish they were 1-piece rather than split-rims, as the rim bolts make them look a bit fussy.

Never liked 996 turbo wheels. Not a fan of the 18" Carrera design as seen on facelift cars and the 550 anniversary car either, but there's no arguing with their light weight. But then again, 993 turbo twist hollow-spokes exist...

A previous owner put heavy 18" Turbo II replicas on mine, they're diamond-cut, easy to curb and impossible to clean. I would never have chosen them but they have grown on me.

Edited by Ol' Shatterhand
Typos

49 minutes ago, Ol' Shatterhand said:

I really also like the 17" Boxster S alloys that were on ½cwt's car before he swapped over to the GT3s (which are also fabulous, but look like they're worth more than a Boxster).

That's why I have kept the originals and 17" are better for the winter/all season IMO if I go that far.  GT3 look-a-likes are replicas - £600 second hand but just refurbished!!!  shame I have slightly kerbed one of the rears... ☹️  Still look they great with the offset filling the arches nicely.

13 hours ago, Boxsum said:

Don’t quite understand the ‘pun’ but Thankyou 👍

No pun, I was trying to help.  When you post a new topic it defaults to 'content' but there's a 'poll' tag as well at the top.  If you click that, you can create a poll. :) 

Anything but the turbos.  They play havoc with my ocd.  They look like you are going forwards fast on one side but on the other they look like you are going backwards fast.  I just can’t see past that. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Paul P said:

Anything but the turbos.  They play havoc with my ocd.  They look like you are going forwards fast on one side but on the other they look like you are going backwards fast.  I just can’t see past that. 

I'd never considered that! 🤯

I can never un-see that now. Aaargh! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paul P said:

1 hour ago, Ol' Shatterhand said:

I'd never considered that! 🤯

I can never un-see that now. Aaargh! 

You'll have to get some mirror image versions cast...