718 Spyder

MH82

Afternoon all, hope everyone’s well.

I have a quick question regarding people’s experience of Porsche honouring orders.

One of the London OPCs has told me that they’re able to take an order for a 718 Spyder, but they can’t guarantee the order will be fulfilled.

Given Porsche are rumoured to be moving to electric for the Boxster in the future this seems like the last opportunity to get such a cad, so I’m minded to give them the 5k deposit in the hope that they can come through.

Just wondered people’s opinion/experience around this and if anyone has experienced Porsche taking an order and then not coming through with the goods.

I’m happy to wait as long as it takes to get the car.

thanks

PS prospective spec for comment/derision www.porsche-code.com/PN4BP7Y6 

1 hour ago, MH82 said:

Afternoon all, hope everyone’s well.

I have a quick question regarding people’s experience of Porsche honouring orders.

One of the London OPCs has told me that they’re able to take an order for a 718 Spyder, but they can’t guarantee the order will be fulfilled.

Given Porsche are rumoured to be moving to electric for the Boxster in the future this seems like the last opportunity to get such a cad, so I’m minded to give them the 5k deposit in the hope that they can come through.

Just wondered people’s opinion/experience around this and if anyone has experienced Porsche taking an order and then not coming through with the goods.

I’m happy to wait as long as it takes to get the car.

thanks

PS prospective spec for comment/derision www.porsche-code.com/PN4BP7Y6 

Had my 5k deposit in since Spring’21 and still no sign of an allocation, and possibly no further update now till Feb. Bought the Miami Blue 2020 Spyder with 1,900 miles from Silverstone OPC just in case it never happens. 
Your spec is good, and to your taste/preferences. I personally have gone for a bit more colour, but that’s what floats my boat. The only thing I can suggest, based on your seat choice (same as me, btw, more road biased than track) would be to consider the tyre choice. If you aren’t thinking of track days it might suit your needs more to see if you could get Michelin PS4S’s instead of the Cup 2’s.

1 hour ago, MH82 said:

PS which colour have you gone for?

Well, the current one is Miami Blue, a long-time fave of mine. However, seeing as that’s only now available via PTS, I’ve veered towards Racing Yellow, PCCB’s, black extended leather/ yellow stitching & belts, carbon interior trim. Can’t decide whether to go old-school and for silver wheels, or stick with Satin Platinum as per my current one.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNYRZTG5

Edited by drago.d

3 hours ago, drago.d said:

Mind you, if the dashboard top was black I could be tempted with the Spyder Classic interior, and thus GT Silver with red roof, and PCCB’s with callipers in Black. But a red dash top isn’t for me.

And you have no reason to assume you won’t get a build then?

Deposit paid. Fingers crossed 🤞🏻 

if I get one i see this being the sort of car for that I’d keep for a decade or more as it fits all of the fun boxes, with a hint of vaguely practical.

also means I’ll stop influencing (a little anyway) what my wife drives….

7 hours ago, MH82 said:

Deposit paid. Fingers crossed 🤞🏻 

if I get one i see this being the sort of car for that I’d keep for a decade or more as it fits all of the fun boxes, with a hint of vaguely practical.

also means I’ll stop influencing (a little anyway) what my wife drives….

Well done, good luck, and welcome to the club!