Frozen windows

Justchris

6 minutes ago, McDonald said:

I use one of these if I'm parked anywhere unfamiliar. Probably off-putting for the casual thief, surely no problem for a professional?

Then again, a pro probably isn't considering my car.

Yep only a detterent, if the thieving scum want it they'll take it I'm sure 😢

21 minutes ago, Justchris said:

Yep only a detterent, if the thieving scum want it they'll take it I'm sure 😢

A Top Gear item (years ago) showed that cars 2-3 yrs old are the main targets for professional car thieves. They are often stripped to the bones in half a day. Newer cars are usually serviced by main dealers. After 2 yrs old, people use less reputable garages who will use stolen spares for economy.  

Older cars like mine are less attractive targets.

11 minutes ago, zagamuffin said:

1990 called and wants its security back😝

Scarily I had exactly the same thought, down to the word !

I used to use these too, back in the day, the pic had the memories flooding back.

Edited by iborguk
  • Haha 1

On 1/6/2022 at 5:10 PM, gillbe said:

I use a waterproof half cover that serves its purpose without being expensive

Waterproof Outdoor Half Car Cover - XS (PORSCHE 987 BOXSTER/S)

They do a range for 981 to choose from too:-

https://www.classicadditions.com/en-GB/porsche-981-boxster-s-car-covers/vml_1052-168494

Also have the half cover from Classic Editions... Can be a bit of a faff when it's windy and raining, but it generally does the job.

9 hours ago, iborguk said:

I used to use these too, back in the day, the pic had the memories flooding back.

Surely the immobiliser chip in the key will stop a “casual” thief from taking a boxster? I worry more about the bodywork being keyed or the roof slashed.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BBB said:

Surely the immobiliser chip in the key will stop a “casual” thief from taking a boxster? I worry more about the bodywork being keyed or the roof slashed.

Yes, these are real hazards. But until someone markets a force-field, we just have to hope we dodge the miscreants.

16 hours ago, Justchris said:

Thanks, maybe I will bite the bullet and go straight for the cabrioshield 🤔

Roof was treated with a Protex World Convertible Soft Top care kit

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B081HBY3LN?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

shortly after I bought her, came highly recommended from a friend. Can't compare to the fabsil as not used it.

Already have and use the Stoplock Pro after researching on here back in August 👍🏻

The difference the way any water beads and sits on top of the fabric once applied is quite something.  Like I said, apply to the cover too & re-apply now and then as it's worth protecting the hood material.  I'm sure your product does the same too.

The Cabrioshield I'd say is good value as the material is quality and it fits a treat.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2022 at 11:26 PM, iborguk said:
On 1/7/2022 at 11:25 PM, zagamuffin said:

1990 called and wants its security back😝

I used to use these too, back in the day, the pic had the memories flooding back

Ah, memories!  I remember parking up my Renault 5 GT Turbo, no matter where it was parked - Immobiliser switch > CrookLock/on the handbrake and gear stick >  Stoplok on the steering wheel > alarm > AND a wheel clamp!

Got that down to pit stop timing after a couple of weeks!