Spyder/GTS wheels

andygo

I believe @Tubzilla has some recently refurbished 19" 997.2 Sport Design wheels for sale with tyres. I think they look fairly similar to those in the first link but perhaps have more spokes. I'm not sure of the offsets but I'm sure he'll be able to provide more info (if they're still for sale).

22 minutes ago, andygo said:

Thanks Tubs, I'm afraid I have had those wheels on my last 2 cars.They do like nice in Anthracite, however I am only really after the Spyder/ GTS ones I'm afraid.

There's no such thing as GTS wheels, the wheels you like are the Carrera S wheels. The Spyder ones are different again with a lightly more aggressive offset, I think they might be a tad wider too.

Probably looking at around £2k plus for a set unless you get lucky.

41 minutes ago, daz05 said:

There's no such thing as GTS wheels, the wheels you like are the Carrera S wheels. The Spyder ones are different again with a lightly more aggressive offset, I think they might be a tad wider too.

Probably looking at around £2k plus for a set unless you get lucky.

What wheels have you got on your car now Daz? See on your vids that you had the same wheels as mine has originally.

I have Spyder wheels on my GTS and they were on it when I bought the car, its on the same size tyres as the normal standard wheels so I believe that the widths are the same, the offset could be slightly different but I will have a look when I take the wheels off at some point: 

Edited by Robin_GTS

I'm torn whether to swap my S out for a GTS, but they are around £10k more. They do have the bits I'd like tbh (generally wheels, Alacantara bit more poke nicer bumpers etc), but when I bought my 981 wasn't sure a 981 was such a quantum leap over the 987.2 CS that it turned out to be. Maybe I should get a 718 turbo nbut where do you stop?

I'd go for it TBH but management have fallen for my man maths too many times before...

1 hour ago, andygo said:

What wheels have you got on your car now Daz? See on your vids that you had the same wheels as mine has originally.

I've always had my the 20" carrera S wheels, the 19s I have on show in the garage I picked up locally just because I like buying parts I'll never use. They are a nice prop at least 🤣.

Bar the alcantara my S is now a GTS and more to the naked eye at least,.it certainly cost less and I've enjoyed the journey but I'll never get the GTS price for it but I guess there should be some more demand for it. It's a keeper if I ever buy another Porsche it will sit alongside it.

Edited by daz05
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Robin_GTS said:

I have Spyder wheels on my GTS and they were on it when I bought the car, its on the same size tyres as the normal standard wheels so I believe that the widths are the same, the offset could be slightly different but I will have a look when I take the wheels off at some point: 

Spyders are 8,5J x 20 ET57, rear 10,5J x 20 ET47

Carerra S are 8Jx20 ET 57, Rear 9.5Jx20 ET 45.

The Spyders will poke out a little more but the down side is that they are heavier the Carrera S wheel is the lightest 20" OEM wheel they offered.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Robin_GTS said:

I stand corrected, just been out to the garage and whipped a rear wheel off and it is indeed 10,5J x 20 ET47 and made by BBS.

Doesn't matter Robin that's commitment right there 🤣