Fitting the Toyosport tomorrow.

earley231186

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, earley231186 said:

Decided to have another go at this today. I gave the back boxes a bit of a wack with a rubber mallet.

It spread them a bit and it fitted no issues. My defeatist attitude last time just lead me to give up. 

It's loud though. Probably too loud for me haha. 

The tailpipes weren’t level on ours, but bar between them soon sorted lol Not much care packaging them but hey, it’s cheap and sounds good :) I think it’s still too quiet, but I have an M4 with the Ti ear bleeder exhaust lololol

28 minutes ago, 818 said:

The tailpipes weren’t level on ours, but bar between them soon sorted lol Not much care packaging them but hey, it’s cheap and sounds good :) I think it’s still too quiet, but I have an M4 with the Ti ear bleeder exhaust lololol

Haha, I can only imagine what your M4 sounds like if you think the Toyo is too quiet. 

• Haha 1

On 1/13/2022 at 6:39 PM, 818 said:

Fitted ok but took it for a drive and inspected and the link pipes are touching the chassis each side, needs the caress of a ball hammer in one spot each side just to give a couple of mm clearance.

it sounds great imo, could do with being a touch louder if anything!

5-C861-F1-A-40-CD-4-DF5-96-E3-650-D90-A5

Did you use the provided gaskets or the Porsche ones? Or both? Mine sounds like it has a blow we're it meets the cats. 

11 hours ago, earley231186 said:

Did you use the provided gaskets or the Porsche ones? Or both? Mine sounds like it has a blow we're it meets the cats. 

used the ones that came with it, some of the bolts provided didn’t fit though!

1 hour ago, 818 said:

used the ones that came with it, some of the bolts provided didn’t fit though!

Yeah mine didn't fit either. Had some new ones the right size anyway. 

I used both gaskets and I think I have a slight leak under acceleration on start off. Will whip the originals out the weekend see if it solves it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonSta said:

Mine went on today - I posted elsewhere. I don't find it loud at all until you get on it - then it can wake the dead cats up. I'll connect up my GAN tuner tomorrow. 

Yeah, now I've ran mine a bit. It's not as loud as I first though unless booting it. 

13 hours ago, JonSta said:

Mine went on today - I posted elsewhere. I don't find it loud at all until you get on it - then it can wake the dead cats up. I'll connect up my GAN tuner tomorrow. 

Jon, tell me more about the Gan tuner... had my eye on these for a while now and wondering how it'll work with the Sprint Booster already fitted..?

Interesting because I was wondering the same thing. I had the GAN on my 2.7 and I definitely felt a difference. Torque started sooner and was stronger right the way through. Before I had it if I wanted to go fast I had to scream the engine to the limiter every time. Afterwards I found I could go just as fast changing up sooner. 

I haven't tried it on the S yet simply because I wanted the exhaust on before I fitted it. This is because I want it to start the tune from the correct baseline. That may or may not be necessary but there you go. 

One thing I do know is that the average fuel consumption stayed exactly the same before and after so I suspect it's getting its power by advancing the timing as opposed to chucking more fuel in. In fact it might even lean things off a bit. I also remember that when I put it on the 2.7 I had accidentally downloaded the settings for the S not the base and it felt weird. When I put it right everything felt much crisper.

As to the sprint booster I don't see why it won't work. I forsee a sprint booster in this car's future (and a DSC sports controller, and a quaife diff and the inlet mods and some headers yada yada) so I guess we'll find out.

I never wanted to rich anyway.

I use a sprint booster on my 987.2, even though it does nothing but change the throttle potentiometer position, it bought the car alive. No more power or any map changes just improved throttle response that fits my driving. I can recommend trying one.

13 hours ago, earley231186 said:

What's people's thoughts on cutting the inner pipe down with dremel so the tips look better. 

Not keen on the pipe in a pipe look. 

If it were mine I'd drive it and enjoy the car a bit to see if I want to keep the exhaust on there then fluff it later.

32 minutes ago, JonSta said:

Interesting because I was wondering the same thing. I had the GAN on my 2.7 and I definitely felt a difference. Torque started sooner and was stronger right the way through. Before I had it if I wanted to go fast I had to scream the engine to the limiter every time. Afterwards I found I could go just as fast changing up sooner. 

I haven't tried it on the S yet simply because I wanted the exhaust on before I fitted it. This is because I want it to start the tune from the correct baseline. That may or may not be necessary but there you go. 

One thing I do know is that the average fuel consumption stayed exactly the same before and after so I suspect it's getting its power by advancing the timing as opposed to chucking more fuel in. In fact it might even lean things off a bit. I also remember that when I put it on the 2.7 I had accidentally downloaded the settings for the S not the base and it felt weird. When I put it right everything felt much crisper.

As to the sprint booster I don't see why it won't work. I forsee a sprint booster in this car's future (and a DSC sports controller, and a quaife diff and the inlet mods and some headers yada yada) so I guess we'll find out.

I never wanted to rich anyway.

...did you opt for the app version opposed to the OBD plugin only model..?

On 1/27/2022 at 10:13 PM, earley231186 said:

What's people's thoughts on cutting the inner pipe down with dremel so the tips look better. 

Not keen on the pipe in a pipe look. 

that may be a good idea! They don’t look the best, we had talked about cutting them off and fitting slightly bigger ones

• Like 1