718 4.0 GTS waiting time

Topbox

I might have missed something on this but I'm just wondering what the waiting time is on the Boxster 718 4.0 GTS is,  given the used prices. . . don't really want to waste a dealers time asking and the forum loves a bit of speculation, indeed does anyone here own one ? thanks 😁

Edited by Topbox
Cfa

• Topbox changed the title to 718 4.0 GTS waiting time

I’ve had my order for a 718 4.0 PDK on order since June, for delivery in September 22 which was my choice, however, the dealer did intimate back then that I could have had the car 1st quarter 22, but now I understand that them delivery times have been put back to 2nd quarter now.

Chip shortage still and Covid methinks.

Edited by martyn

I placed my order last August with an anticipated delivery in Q2 this year. I do not have an allocation yet and am -allegedly - currently 3rd in line.

I’m not too fussed if delivery slips to Q3 or 4 but 2023 would be disappointing. Let’s see….

Thanks for your responses chaps. I think I'd push the boat out and have it PTS in Riviera Blue, though Shark Blue might be close enough. @jhemus Hope you'll share your joy here with us dreamers when you gratefully receive 😁 

• Like 1

Just quoted 4Q 2023 delivery for new Boxster GTS orders, so seemingly getting longer, which seems odd as component shortages must be getting better and excuses about factory fires, water shortages, and even Covid can't go on for ever, so are new orders significantly up so much?