Budgetary Decisions, Decisions!

martyn

Is the GTS upgrade worth an extra £1312 over the Race Tex with extended leather and extra GTS type upgrades?

Looking at,

FBB0-F36-E-25-C9-499-F-9-F11-3-B32-A7-F2
71753636-B75-C-4307-8-AB9-BC7002-D634-F6

E19-AA565-B1-F2-4-E53-AC40-4-E71-ABFEAC7

seems I’m paying £1312 for red stitching and some carbon trim! Oh and some red trim round mats!  All very nice but worth the extra?

however, I’m gaining 2 extra red clocks!

I was in exactly the same place the other day. Because it was a wet day - not because I have any chance of buying one. But I also would not in a million years order such a car without contrast stitching. Or deviant stitching as Porsche call it. The pictures I've seen of interiors with it - especially in yellow - gives the interior such a huge lift but that depends on the exterior colour of course. Got to go in a 992 turbo the other day and that had red contrast with a red exterior. Looked a million dollars.

Edited by JonSta

Contrast stitching does look great, think the GTS pack only gives you red though?  Might have changed .  Also,  IMO there are better trim finishes than carbon (not a fan of the carbon high gloss coating either). 

Maybe look at (dirty) deviant stitching in a colour of your choice and alternative trim finishes?

1 hour ago, map said:

I was under the impression that the GTS moniker carried some kudos and you’d see the benefit in the residual value.

@martyn In your position I’d push the button on a GTS rather than a well specced S. 

Sorry map, I should have said, it’s the 718 4.0 GTS I’m buying.

• Like 1

It’s a tough one. The GTS interior is lovely (I have it in my 981) but it’s debatable whether it’s worth the additional cost. I am in two minds but leaning towards leaving it off and spending the money on other options instead.

The more opinions the merrier, definitely helps my thought process. 😀

is there a case for slightly stronger residuals in the GTS interior which would offset the up cost?
I will be selling my 981S in the spring, probably privately, so I could wait and see what I achieve with the sale price as to whether to pay for the GTS interior……

It's a GTS and therefore should have a GTS interior. Joking aside I have it in Crayon on my current 4.0 GTS (Gentian) and had it in Carmine on my previous 2.5 GTS (Guards). It really does make the cabin feel special, particularly the stitching.