Boxster Spyder 981 and 718 Spyder comparison

Nockled

I expected a bit more insight given Tim Harvey’s BTCC experience - didn’t realise there was such a weight difference though.  Real world mine is 1340kg minus me - and that’s with PCCBs and LWBs so not sure how you’d get to 1315kg for the 981.

Pretty sure owners of each version (and the 987) will be happy with what they have - seen a few go back to a 987, not many go from 981 to 718 or vice versa.

Different way of measuring. The actual difference is about 20-30kg due to the larger engine and more restrictive exhaust

back when 981 was produced you could provide weights based on the lightest configuration. Now you have to do it based on the standard configuration (so previously things like LWB/PCCB etc were included now they’re not)

Surprised that he didn’t comment on the linear power delivery on the 718 whereas the 981 has flat spots and also the 718 had tons more options to chose from which add weight and cost compared to the 981

Edited by tcornet