Condensation in Sports Chrono clock

Withy

Noticed this today (had noticed before but kinda ignored it). A perfect circle of condensation on inside of SC clock

Anyone else see this and have a magic solution other than removing, dismantling and thoroughly drying out?

51819369032_06d85718d2_b.jpg

you can unscrew the chrono without dismantling it, i swapped out the faces on mine which meant the whole thing had to come out but anticlockwise and the whole glass face will unscrew.

• Like 2

When my 981 was new the original owner complained about this after 1.5 years of use. Porsche stated it was normal as it does happen sometimes.

I long debate ensued and ultimately they paid half towards the replacement cost of a new one.

Flash forward to present day................The replacement still has the same problem 😉

• Like 1

8 hours ago, michelin said:

The replacement still has the same problem 😉

If in fact they actually replaced it 😉         

😂

16 hours ago, Withy said:

Noticed this today (had noticed before but kinda ignored it). A perfect circle of condensation on inside of SC clock

Anyone else see this and have a magic solution other than removing, dismantling and thoroughly drying out?

51819369032_06d85718d2_b.jpg

Mine does this @Withy, got the usual “they all do that sir” at an OPC, same with the rear light clusters, often condensation in them although I can more understand - though not accept on a £60k car. Porsche even have pics in technical bulletin the OPC showed me re the rear lights. 

• Like 1

Me too, it's certainly not suitable for diving. I recall asking for them to change mine out under warranty and they rejected it and provided a picture from their literature showing what level of condensation substantiated a claim. I recall it was much worse than the above.

Probably an easy fix if you can remove it, dry it out and seal it up.

2 hours ago, Withy said:

Seems "Normal" then.  A while back when I was the proud owner for a 987.1S, this never happened on it's SC clock.  Ah well.  Progress :S 

Be more concerned about that scratch on your dash, is that Joyeauto related injury? A bit of heat in that area may help blend it.

Edited by daz05

3 hours ago, daz05 said:

Be more concerned about that scratch on your dash, is that Joyeauto related injury? A bit of heat in that area may help blend it.

Yeah I noticed the same thing only on the photo (and how filthy the SC Clock is!). will check it out tomorrow - can't recall causing any damage, but yep, heat gun if required!