Lost service book

986dom

Hi All I brought my 1997 986 back in April from an independent dealer called Parkgate Sussex. Unfortunately the service book was misplaced and the dealer told me he would get a new service book and send it to the various garages who had serviced the car to stamp and then get it back to me.

Unfortunately this hasn't happened despite numerous promises over the past months.

I do have every MOT plus invoices which verifies the mileage of 41K plus invoices for numerous services by Porsche and independents but I would like a service book if possible.

So my question is do we know if I can get a print out of service history from Porsche for all the work done at official Porsche dealers?

Thanks

A replacement service book can be got from a Porsche parts department, about £40.

Unless you know which dealers worked on it and when, even then it can be tricky getting them to part with information.  If you are lucky it could go well but it could be a long slow process I'm afraid.

1 minute ago, Paul P said:

Porsche gave me a summary of “all services” in a print out. I have also had redacted full job sheets for services as well. 

Go see you local one. Ask them what you can do.  

I guess there's no harm in trying, a print out summary of all services is exactly what I'm after.

They use that info to stamp the replacement book.  Once you know which opc serviced the car then approach each one abs ask for redacted copies of the sales invoices for the service (they remove names and amounts).  I got the 1st two services for my previous car that way.  

Interesting @Paul P, I ordered a new service log book last year. OPC said it would be at least 3 months as they had to get some printed in Germany. I wonder what I'll get. I did ask for blank one though, as I'd run out of spaces for stamps. I should call them as I know they have some rivets waiting for me. 👍 

My previous car had a duplicate service book. Was marked as a duplicate and the service stamps were all from the OPC that supplied the book and noted that they were duplicate stamps with the original opc listed.  I got the redacted job sheet from the original opc 

• Like 1

On 1/15/2022 at 9:53 PM, Paul P said:

My previous car had a duplicate service book. Was marked as a duplicate and the service stamps were all from the OPC that supplied the book and noted that they were duplicate stamps with the original opc listed.  I got the redacted job sheet from the original opc 

I had to order a new service book from my OPC when I purchased my car - it too, was stamped as duplicate when I received it. The OPC was good enough to stamp all the service records they had carried out on the vehicle (mainly during warranty period). I also received batch of service receipts from independent garages that had carried out work on the car over the years, but don't have their stamps in my new book.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I could not get a replacement service book from Porsche as they don't have any, managed to get one via eBay for a chunk of money!

Spoke to my local OPC Brooklands who told me they could not print off a summary and would not be able to stamp a duplicate service book unless the previous work was done by them, so not a lot of help.

I have 5 invoices for previous OPC servicing work so will speak to them to see if they'll stamp the new book up.

Oh I have an update on my service book. Spoke to OPC and basically they only go to print in Germany when they have enough orders. Makes sense I guess. Anyway I ordered in July last year and it's just arrived. To add, this is a blank service book, due to running out of stamps. Can't remember the exact price, but was around £40.

• Like 1