CD / Nav / Bluetooth - can I do this…?

Angus76

So today I wanted my 6 CD changer back so disconnected the BT module and plugged it back into the CD changer. Worked fine. 

Now it’s just occurred to me that could I have run the SatNav cable to the BT module and retained BT - as don’t need the SatNav. Is that possible? 

987.1 vehicle

Thanks! 

Are you talking about a “mr 12 volt” style Bluetooth unit?   The one that enables the car to stream Bluetooth audio from a phone (rather than phone calls) ?

if so, then no, you can’t have them both at the same time.  The Bluetooth unit fakes itself as a cd autochanger so if you had both connected then they would both try to respond to controls and both would report themselves to the head unit and I suspect the result would be that neither would work.  

That’s exactly the one I’ve got. But I was also able to take calls on it. I was thinking as much and hoping the Sat nav could have done the same job. Ah well I can always revert it back whenever. 👍

Edited by Angus76