Interior lights staying On

Sanky

1 hour ago, Richard Hamilton said:

I recall having a problem with a 986 a few years ago with very similar symptoms.  The alarm module had slipped into transit mode, and needed the vehicle handover routine to wake it up.

Something else to add to the checklist.

Could the ignition switch cause this issue?

36 minutes ago, Sanky said:

Could the ignition switch cause this issue?

It can cause all sorts of gremlins, but I haven't heard of it doing what yours is.  I wouldn't rule it out though.  They aren't expensive to replace, and if it doesn't fix it you will have a spare....

1 hour ago, Richard Hamilton said:

It can cause all sorts of gremlins, but I haven't heard of it doing what yours is.  I wouldn't rule it out though.  They aren't expensive to replace, and if it doesn't fix it you will have a spare....

I’ll add it to the list.

The 2001 circuit diagrams, don’t match to what I have with facelift O3 car.  As I have less pins in the door plug on the passenger side compared to the drivers side plug.

So a bit more investigating today.

The boot light and frunk lights, both use the  same one connection that also goes to the inside light (Consumer_Switched_Off). I have proven these seem to be working fine.

Also found a YT video showing the inside of an Audi TT lock.  There are basically 5 micros witches inside it.

2 of them are for lock and unlock

2 of them tell the car status for locked and unlocked 

And 1 on the outside of the module, that tells the car if it open or closed.

So going by this, it still could be one of the door modules.

More testing at the weekend, if it’s dry.

4 minutes ago, McDonald said:

Witchcraft revealed.

Hahaha, the fault definitely feels like it

Should be

Also found a YT video showing the inside of an Audi TT lock.  There are basically 4 micros switches inside it and 1 outside 

Edited by Sanky
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Sanky said:

Also found a YT video showing the inside of an Audi TT lock.  There are basically 4 micros switches inside it and 1 outside 

Can you post the link please?

So a little update, got used drives door lock as back up and took the one off the car.

The internals are different to the YT videos I put up earlier.  As there are only 3 micro switches inside and one on the outside.

5JhX8m9.jpg

All the switches meter out depending on what’s been done and is the same as the used.

Fault is still there, so will disconnect each door wiring from the A-pillar to eliminate if the fault is with the doors or somewhere else.  As I did mess with doors when I retrofitted the puddle lights.