Hand brake cable removal from hub, advice?

Sword

There is a pin (22) held in with an E clip (23) that locates the clevis at the end of the cable on the actuator arm. It is not shown in the 987 parts cat drawings so this is from the 986.

AEwcUZl.jpg 

The guide tube can corrode rather a lot which makes it sticky and the tube can also break where it joins the back plate of the hub so be prepared to get new ones of those too.

thanks that'll probably explain it! my heart sank when you said that as I seem to be dealing with an endless list of corroded parts at the moment -coffin arms stuck/exhaust bolts rotten/brake pipes rotten. I honestly think my car was living a field before I got it 2 yrs ago!

Still onward in the quest to have a car to enjoy this summer!

32 minutes ago, Sword said:

thanks that'll probably explain it! my heart sank when you said that as I seem to be dealing with an endless list of corroded parts at the moment -coffin arms stuck/exhaust bolts rotten/brake pipes rotten. I honestly think my car was living a field before I got it 2 yrs ago!

Still onward in the quest to have a car to enjoy this summer!

Try a 21 year old 986...