Cayman intake ducts

Del_tl1000r

1 minute ago, bally4563 said:

Do it to all my 987 I have owned, vents come up quite often but minus the backing frames, which you will need circa £35 each from OPC

Are you due up here soon Bally?  Would be good to meet up

1 hour ago, MickH said:

Are you due up here soon Bally?  Would be good to meet up

Hi Mick,

Possibly up at Coca Cola on Sunday, if my parts arrive, and staying Sunday night at Peel Premier, will let you know 👍

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Del_tl1000r said:

I've seen a couple of pics of Boxsters with Cayman side ducts fitted. Has anyone done this? I quite like the look.

I have a set of these with frames in guards red which I keep on meaning to put up for sale. Are gen 1 and 2 vents different though?

4 hours ago, MickH said:

have them on mine Del.  Although they are now covered with the scoops.  Pop up again have a look :)

I can't believe I didn't notice them! I"m pretty sure you didn't have the scoops on at that point. Will do once I have the clutch sorted 👍

On 1/21/2022 at 2:35 PM, Jim b said:

I have them but not yet fitted as I need the backing frames. Anyone have a pair lying around they are willing to sell before I have to visit OPC. 🙏

I was the same for a few months, was lucky enough to find vents the same colour but couldn’t find backing frames at all; months later got lucky and found one of each side from different secondhand suppliers.

If I were to do it again, I’d go OPC route as they’d have probably been the same price or cheaper. 

4 hours ago, Craigmann36 said:

I was the same for a few months, was lucky enough to find vents the same colour but couldn’t find backing frames at all; months later got lucky and found one of each side from different secondhand suppliers.

If I were to do it again, I’d go OPC route as they’d have probably been the same price or cheaper. 

I agree. If I decide to do it I'll just get new ones. Can't be arsed fannying about with a bit here and there.

3 hours ago, Del_tl1000r said:

So just about to order these. They come primed so I just need to get a base coat aerosol and then lacquer them. Does anyone know of a good paint supplier?

I've had good results from https://refinishsystems.com/ Local to me so I can order and collect same day, which is useful. Colour matches for both Boxster (metallic) and Skoda (non-metallic)have been good.

1 hour ago, red rocket said:

I've had good results from https://refinishsystems.com/ Local to me so I can order and collect same day, which is useful. Colour matches for both Boxster (metallic) and Skoda (non-metallic)have been good.

Thanks for that. Will check them out 👍