Spacers

Nick C

Hi all,  looking at getting some spacers for my 987 boxster, I have lowered it on the H&R M030 springs so not slammed to the ground and it has the 19" lobster claws fitted from factory, what would you recommend, I would like the wheels to just look that little bit wider, I don't want them proud of the bodywork though, I've read that most go for 15 rear and 7 front so I'm just after some advice. 

Thanks. 👍

14 minutes ago, Nick C said:

Hi all,  looking at getting some spacers for my 987 boxster, I have lowered it on the H&R M030 springs so not slammed to the ground and it has the 19" lobster claws fitted from factory, what would you recommend, I would like the wheels to just look that little bit wider, I don't want them proud of the bodywork though, I've read that most go for 15 rear and 7 front so I'm just after some advice. 

Thanks. 👍

Do you have any pics of it as it is now?

Not too keen on spacers myself but want to lower mine.be handy to see how it looks without spacers.

cheers

6 hours ago, And.rs1800 said:

Do you have any pics of it as it is now?

Not too keen on spacers myself but want to lower mine.be handy to see how it looks without spacers.

cheers

This is how mine looks now, really happy with it but I do like subtle changes. I'll try and find a better image later which shows the wheel/arch.

thanks for all replies. 👍👍20210611_122840_compress.thumb.jpg.9fa3cbba308c5d3d25431bd7439ec55c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Nick C said:

This is how mine looks now, really happy with it but I do like subtle changes. I'll try and find a better image later which shows the wheel/arch.

thanks for all replies. 👍👍20210611_122840_compress.thumb.jpg.9fa3cbba308c5d3d25431bd7439ec55c.jpg

That looks great. How is the ride?

I'd like to go for those springs and upgrade my 18" wheels to lobster claws, but am a bit concerned that doing both will have too detrimental an effect on the ride.

5 hours ago, Tony Daniel said:

WP_20161111_15_21_21_Pro_LI

30mm lower and 15mm rear spacers and 7mm front.

excuse the diversion but it looks like you have a Cayman rear bumper and spoiler. Can you confirm as I've been looking into doing this myself and it look very nice thanks

8 hours ago, Daveb975 said:

That looks great. How is the ride?

I'd like to go for those springs and upgrade my 18" wheels to lobster claws, but am a bit concerned that doing both will have too detrimental an effect on the ride.

The ride is absolutely spot on mate, the H&R m030 springs only drop the car about 10-15mm I think so not as low as most lowering springs, ride is really not affected and the car doesn't scrape anywhere, definitely worth every penny. 

• Like 1

On 1/21/2022 at 7:45 PM, Nick C said:

The ride is absolutely spot on mate, the H&R m030 springs only drop the car about 10-15mm I think so not as low as most lowering springs, ride is really not affected and the car doesn't scrape anywhere, definitely worth every penny. 

Thanks. 

Mine scrapers a bit over some speed humps on the standard springs, so I know I won’t be able to avoid that, but it’s good to know that the ride quality works.

9 hours ago, Daveb975 said:

Can anyone help me out with the different H&R spring heights?

@Nick Ccar looks great on the 10mm springs, @Raffecar looks about the same height from the photo but is on the 30mm springs.

It might just be the photos of course!

I do think raffe's car does sit lower than mine, I opted for the more subtle look as I don't like slammed but I do think the cars in this post look absolutely spot on, the roads are getting worse so I didn't want to scrape everywhere either. 

• Like 1