south wales

alank

Just got back from a 500 mile trip around south wales. I envy anyone who lives their, the roads are fantastic, standout ones  A4069, Black Mountain Pass,  and A4061. Wow !!.  Luckily the roads were quiet , but can imagine they get packed in high season.  NC 500 next , but not sure if the roads,scenery would be any better.

Regarding other posts on consumption, i had a long period when i was at 70/80mph getting their and was amazed  to see 39.7mpg showing.  I filled up when we arrived at our first stop, and it actually worked out slightly more than 40mpg. Why buy electric😀.  In the mountains was a different story  15 mpg, but great fun, haha.

• Like 3

You were lucky there usually packed with commuters, wandering sheep and horses with the odd cow thrown in for good measure. Weathers usually cr*p. Can’t see that much because of the rain. Especially on the mountain roads because of the low cloud. I’d stay away. 🙄🙄🙄

Well I might be just a tad sceptical as I live in S. Wales.😂😂😂

5 hours ago, Ringmaster999 said:

You were lucky there usually packed with commuters, wandering sheep and horses with the odd cow thrown in for good measure. Weathers usually cr*p. Can’t see that much because of the rain. Especially on the mountain roads because of the low cloud. I’d stay away. 🙄🙄🙄

Well I might be just a tad sceptical as I live in S. Wales.😂😂😂

Stunning scenery from the Black Mountains though...

EEF47434-1-FD5-4619-9-B13-03313-ACB3-D3-

• Haha 5

• 1 month later...

My back yard, I will have to organise a drive around some areas off the beaten track, the last time organised a drive out it was for a MG group I was in at the time, it was like going on a Welsh safari with all the animals we came across on the mountain roads.

Guvs

Off to Wales on July. staying in South Wales first night and then exploring the Western coastal roads up towards Snowdon. 

@alank I'm told lots of speed cameras? 

1 hour ago, BBB said:

I use this on my phone and it’s excellent. It can work in the background, so you can be streaming spotify for example and it will cut in and warn you. It even knows what side of the road you’re on and doesn’t warn you if it doesn’t need to.

https://www.camsam.com/software/camsam-plus-for-android/ 

I use Waze as it's free, and does a decent job of most speed locations. 

• Like 1