What is the best way to get my Boxster 986 onto axle stands?

Carole

What is the best way to get my Boxster 986 onto axle stands? I tried one method I found on Youtube but it was a bit scary it involved getting the front high enough to get one stand under the rear and then do the same on the other side, helpfully didn't say how to get the front up as well.

I really only need the rear in the air this time but I still think it's a bit iffy especially when it comes to the second lift on the other side.

I should say that this method only used the lifting supports and I don't want to put the jack on any other part of the car and put too much strain on other parts.   

If you only want the rear in the air I find the best place to jack, as long as you have a rubber puck, is accessing from under the rear bumper/exhaust to under the rear subframe where the diagonal ali braces bolt to it (Figure 2 in the Pelican link above), then place the stands under the rear jacking points .  Depending on the lift of your jack you may need to do one side, then the other, if this, then make sure you check the side on the stand both going up and down when you are lifting the opposite side.  Chock the front wheels too!!!  Also bear in mind I have a nice flat drive.

• Like 1

I always use two jacks-i can recommend SGS Tools for these,good quality and double piston.

Best to purchase a low profile type for the Boxster-or alternatively drive onto scaffold boards to give you extra ground clearance.

Look on Utube for an article by "road and race" on how to jack up a boxster-very informative 🙂

As 1/2cwt says-if jacking the rear REMEMBER to chock the front wheels.

Edited by charlieboy2608

Thank you for all the help I used the rear suspension mount positions and some chocks under the front wheels and worked perfectly.

As people have said though you must use chocks under the front wheels, I went round a few time kicking them inwards so the they were tight as there is a tittle backwards movement when you are lifting the rear.

As for the reason that I had to lift the rear I will post that on my other post 

Is it possible to use pair of 2.7 986 driveshafts on a 2.5 986